Format: Audio CD|Change

on 7 January 2008
I have a confession...well, a couple, actually: I like Indie pop (the Sugarcubes' brand is unique and refreshing) and I am one of those weird people who likes remixes (OK, not ALL remixes, but I think they work IF they are done well).

This was on loop on my Walkman for months. It's a great album. These are all good pop songs in their own right and, remixed here by some of the top house/indie DJs of the time, they are given new life.

"Why tamper with them if they are that good, then?", I hear you cry.

Well, it was partly down to the fact that the so-called "Indie-Dance Crossover" was in its heyday (the effects of which can still be felt on the alternative music scene to this day) and because the Sugarcubes' music lends itself to being remixed - yeah, and it was kind of a trend.

But...the Sugarcubes always did things on their own terms (and here I am thinking of Einar throwing up on stage) and were not afraid to be different.

The remixes are catchy, each one is different, they do not detract from the innovation of the original tracks and there is an eclecticism which hints at the direction Bjork would take in her solo career, where she branched out in terms of style and worked with top name producers & DJs.
on 26 September 2001
A must for any true Sugarcubes fan.If you are hoping for new material then this is not really for you.It basically is a remix album containing songs from their previous four albums, given a "magic touch" by the likes of Justin Robertson, Marius de Vries and Tony Humphries.The 'Cubes themselves even remix their 1989 classic "Regina" making it even better than before.To sum it up, it's nothing new, nothing clever but well worth a listen.
on 16 September 2005
I've had this on cassette for years and I decided to buy it on CD because I LOVE the remix of 'Water' and I wanted to burn it to a CD compilation of favorite tracks for the car. All the tracks are musically upbeat, groovy and worth a listen.
on 27 November 2015
Never going to be as good as the original versions but it is interesting to get a different slant on them
on 30 April 2015