5.0 out of 5 stars Genius as usual
Just received this album, absolutely love it. Hideaway is possibly my favourite song on the disc. Just love this stuff, thankyou Vince and Andy!
Published 5 months ago by rhys

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Additional Mixes
A good album from the 80's with some good additional mixes that were not inherent on the original album, plus a bonus DVD!
Published 6 months ago by Alan S

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius as usual, 7 July 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Additional Mixes, 21 Jun 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars The best sounding erasure album, 1 Aug 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: The Circus (Audio CD)
This is one of the first albums I bought when it first came out, and it still stands up today as a great album. Production wise it's still the best sounding erasure album to date as a few albums later they seemed to go all 'plinky plonky'. Song wise it is more consistent than "The Innocents", a whole load better than "Wild!", and is probably their 3rd best album after "Chorus" and "I Say, I Say, I Say" in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Teenage memories, 24 April 2013
Lee S. Jones (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Circus (Audio CD)
Have got this album on vinyl but wanted it on cd it has loads of memories for me and am very happy with it

5.0 out of 5 stars Erasure at their best!, 15 April 2013
This review is from: The Circus (Audio CD)
Any eighties fan will love this CD, Andy Bell still a brilliant singer/song writer. Price wise CD excellent value and delivery speedy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Erasure the circus, 28 April 2012
This review is from: The Circus (Audio CD)
The cd arrived on time, in original packaging sound quality very good. Takes me back to my clubbing days pure heaven. Would recommend this, to everyone who grew up in the nineties!

5.0 out of 5 stars Erase any doubts, 16 Nov 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: The Circus (Audio CD)
Another great dance album from one of the greatest bands to come out of the 80s. I really like this album, for its dance value and excellent synthesised sound. "It Doesn't Have to be" and "Sometimes" are excellent Erasure classics, combining great dance value with lyrics you carry on singing the next day in the office. "Victim of Love" incorporates the same great Erasure trademarks as the other songs, but just has something extra. I am definitely glad I made this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Be Who You Are, Embrace the Pain, And You CAN Make the World a Better Place!, 30 July 2009
This review is from: The Circus (Audio CD)
In purely musical terms, 'Erasure's' second album 'The Circus' is very good and definitely worth a listen. But if you're really searching for value for money, I would recommend 'The Two-Ring Circus,' featuring six excellent re-mixes, (not just adding a thumping beat,) three spectacular orchestral arrangements and seven live tracks from a concert in Germany. But moving back to the message and the meaning behind this album, it is also well worth ten-times the asking price.

'It Doesn't Have to Be Like That:' A wonderful track lamenting the pointlessness of most divisions and needless conflict.

'Hideaway:' A simple, heart-stirring and soulful song, inspiring people to never be afraid of who they are.

'Don't Dance to the Rhythm:' Once again, the message of this song is that you can be anything you choose to be, regardless of what anyone else might say.

'If I Could:' Without a doubt, the most beautiful and the most meaningful track on this album...

I don't believe you know what you're talking about
I don't believe you go and ever find out for yourself

Always got a lot to say, but I'm not listening anyway
I'm not listening anyway

Make the world a little better

I don't believe you care about the consequences
I don't believe you share in what you know we know is true

Turning keys, locking door, I won't accept that anymore
Won't accept that anymore

Make the world a little better

I don't believe you know about the hearts you've broken
I don't believe you show what your intentions really are

Can you hear, what have you done
There's not enough for everyone
Not enough for anyone

Make the world a little better

'Sexuality:' It's real, it's here, it's a part of who you are, so what can you possibly gain from feeling self-conscious or ashamed?

'Victim of Love:' a great song about moving on and leaving a dead, manipulative relationship behind.

'Leave Me to Bleed:' A darker follow-up to the previous track...

My heart is broken, but you're the one who hurt me. So in the end, I must embrace this pain, accept it and move on.

'Sometimes:' One of 'Erasure's' most popular singles. A truly great track, even though it lacks any kind of real message or moral.

'The Circus:' Another wonderful track with a beautiful melody and a deeply inspiring rhythm, in spite of the rose-tinted and painfully out-dated 'Trade Unionist' Nostalgia.

Tragically in fact, this track doesn't 'Fit' with the message of the rest of the album. But even so, it is still definitely worth a listen.

'Spiralling:' A heart-aching lament to the pain of lost love, but it's still full of hope all the same.

My love is gone, but I will heal. "It's just a matter of time."

Unfortunately however, the last three tracks are little more than padding. But in spite of these quibbles, I would still recommend this album to anyone who's never heard 'Erasure' before.

5.0 out of 5 stars True Erasure Sound, 8 Sep 2006
Gerard Quinn (Kildare, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Circus (Audio CD)
By far this is the true Erasure sound. Contains the true Erasure classics and the hits that started them out on the road to success.

5.0 out of 5 stars yes it s great, 5 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Circus (Audio CD)
have to listen to the cd everyday i do like it a lot bought for a family member and she keeps it on all day most days

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Circus
The Circus by Erasure (Audio CD - 1987)