Format: Audio CD|Change

I am no great expert on individual groups . There are some I particularly like , others I get to sample them . I have reached an age where I choose to select" best of" selections of "best" albums" ( as per All Music Guide to Rock or Rough Guide to Rock) .My sound system is a simple Bose Wave and I listed to the sounds either direct or through Sennheiser wireles headphones. I buy "nearly new" second hand items where possible
I originally tried to reject this CD after order , based on an Amazon review I read immediately after purchase.
My comments now ( after listening to the CD ) are that it is from 1985 ( not 1993 Amazon!) ; the sound is not as muted as you might suppose from one of the reviews but that the track list IS totally jumbled .
I also obtained the updated (1998 ) version LCDMUTEL1 and agrre that this remastered version is both a sharper sound ,has 2 exra tracks and and has a correct track order. That would be my preferred recommendation if avaialble at a good price
Still , this issue would still give a good reproduction on a reasonable soound system and is a lot better than many early CD's , which were being introduced in the mid 80's
on 8 August 2014
My first ever collection of DM album in tape before.. Got a Cd of it got lost from
Borrowing.. Now have it once again.... The band that started it all for me to like new wave genre...
on 22 December 2003
Buying this album will give you a real insight into MODE's music from the beginning to the mid-eighties period prior to the release of the doom laden excellence of Black Celebration in 1986.
Some excellent songs here esp. Leave in Silence; Shake the Disease; Everything Counts etc etc - I could name 99% of the songs on the album.
I bought this recently to remind myself how good the earlier songs were ( Very cutting edge at the time ).
EXCELLENT - PURCHASE AND YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPOINTED.
on 18 June 2016
Quick delivery, great communication. Many thanks 10/10!
on 15 November 2011
Quick & simple - Bought this for my serious 80's album collection to play on my Juke 2000 CD Jukebox (equipped with a £350.00 Lazer Pickup). This is a "Re-mastered" version with very low volume levels and dull, lifeless sound quality. I Had this Album back in the 80's on vinyl, and played it non stop, (until my sister borrowed it and put a massive valley of a scratch across side A). This CD version is rubbish. Dull sounds and low volume levels don't even match the vinyl quality that I listened to back in 1985 on a old jumble sale record player. The tracklist is even in the wrong order on the back of the CD case. It went straight from my Jukebox, and into my bin!

This CD is NOT the 1998 Reissue version advertised! (pictured in the first slot). It is actually the one pictured in the second & third slots! AVOID! I had to go out and buy it again, defeating the object of using Amazon somewhat!

If you want the right one go for the 1998 Reissue that has the two 1981 released bonus tracks (16) and (17) on it. Record label "LCDMUTEL1".

Why can't people get these things right? You don't have to be a brain surgeon you know!

Overall - Very dissapointed with the seller and the CD. False Advertising, and using stock pictures, because people can't be bothered to give the effort anymore, seems to be happening a lot on the web just lately.
on 13 January 2015
Love this band in the 80s
on 2 January 2016
Good value and delivery
on 30 August 2015
Great songs. Excellent.
on 1 June 2007
Didn't really like them at the time as it was all a bit gloomy for my pop sensibilities at the time, after all, this compilation covers the era I was aged 7-11. Anyway, re-evaluating it all in my more mature 30s, there's some storming stuff here. As a fan of Nine Inch Nail's "Pretty Hate Machine", you can hear some influences on that here, especially from the Depeche Mode period '83-'85.

Dark, industrial pop, but still really good melodies, hooks, etc. Worth a look if you're a fan of pop music.