5.0 out of 5 stars Best dance music on the block, 19 Dec 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Down To The Bone (Audio CD)
With all the over-hype there's been about Euro-trance and garage, its great to find there's still quality, timeless dance music out there, however hard to find. I came upon DTTB by chance in a restaurant in Dartmouth. The music grabbed my attention so quickly that I had to ask the barman what was playing even before placing my food order. It was 'Urban grooves II'.This is one of the few CDs in my large-ish collection that I play regularly. If you like 70's rare groove, updated for now this is for you.Except that its far funkier, with hip-hop beats and tighter playing with an infectious upbeat feel. There are no outstanding track(s) as they're all blinders. I'm over 30 now. If they played this kind of stuff in Cream, Gatecrasher etc I 'd put my dancing shoes back on again. The other 2 DTTB collections are also excellent, but 'Urban Grooves II' just has the edge. Brilliant stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic and timeless CD., 28 Sep 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Down To The Bone (Audio CD)
The music on this particular CD is fresh and unique but has the sounds we love of 'Groove'. Everyone who has heard it, wants it. I came upon this CD quite by accident, it is definately a must have for the collection!

5.0 out of 5 stars Jazz with groove, 17 Jun 2014
This review is from: Urban Grooves Volume 2 (Audio CD)
Very funky jazz with some hip hop/house ancestry in its genes. Great sophisticated party music which you can dance to or just chill and listen to and enjoy superb musicianship.

Urban Grooves Volume 2
Urban Grooves Volume 2 by Down To The Bone (Audio CD - 1998)