5.0 out of 5 stars Attack!!!!, 22 Mar 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Acid Bath (Audio CD)
I'm shocked no-one's reviewed this before.
ASF are certainly a "cult" band at best. Partly because I don't think anyone, anywhere has ever produced anything similar. They've cornered the market by being idiosyncratic beyond anyone else.
This album is to my mind their most accessible, by some way. I would attribute this primarily to its being absolutely the best thing they ever did.
I am a very very big fan of theirs but unfortunately I have to say that most of their albums are a 50/50 mix of fantastic, unique songs and extremely silly filler material. The most notable exceptions are open head surgery and this one.
This album contains only one filler track (which IS silly, but it's very short and actually quite amusing) and a LOT of amazingly good and rather diverse songs. It's got everything you could want or expect from them: atmosphere, theatre, upbeat, downbeat, crossbeat, wonderfully layered synth sounds and some surprisingly evocative lyrics.
"Sucking on a long cigarette he looks into the machinery... There must be more to life than this."
"I'm a dinosaur of the working class, antiseptic mouthwash and a suppository up my a*se. We do right, no-one remembers, we do wrong, no-one forgets; deliver me from evil, deliver me a paper".
And so on. If you're ever going to get into ASF this will probably be the album that does it for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Jewel of The Bat Cave, 18 Nov 2001
By A Customer
Realeased in 1984,Acid Bath is by far the
classic Alien Sex Fiend Album.It is the
masterpiece that best represents,Goth Dance
It includes the studio version of e.s.t.<trip
to the moon> which is their recognized anthem
Their lyrics are brilliant and all of the album
flows.Sex Fiend were usaing heavy Drum machine
beats way back then, so all experimental D.J.'s
should listen to and buy this outstanding CD.
The original album has 8 tracks, this CD has
3 extra songs,Boneshaker baby, I'm a product and
thirty second coma, this is a great value must
buy CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars good., 29 Jun 2010
This review is from: Acid Bath (Audio CD)
could echo whats been said by others but wont, really good album, lots of energy, good for ipod, good for work, good for everything, if you dont own it and want it buy it (like i did) and thats about all i can say, i wasnt disapointed, maybe you wont be either.

Acid Bath
Acid Bath by Alien Sex Fiend (Audio CD)