Format: Audio CD|Change

on 6 June 2001
Capturing the essence of the film, the Footloose soundtrack album makes you feel good, tap your feet, and generally dance around like you were back at Youth Club disco. It may have been karaoke-ied to death, but the title track makes a great start and really gets you dancing (not to mention singing along.) With other feel-good tunes such as "Let's Hear it for the Boy" and "I'm Free", this album encapsulates all that is good about Soundtrack albums - it really captrues the spirit of the film.
on 2 February 2016
This 15th Anniversary Collectors' Edition released in 1998 includes all nine songs from the original soundtrack album, along with four bonus tracks.

Back in the 80s, there were some great soundtracks and this is one of them. It's filled with foot-tapping numbers and spawned no fewer than five singles. Most of the songs are 80s pop-rock, with Shalamar and Deniece Williams being more R&B/dance-oriented.

The four bonus tracks are: Quiet Riot 'Metal Health (Bang Your Head)', John Cougar Mellencamp 'Hurts So Good', Foreigner 'Waiting for a Girl Like You' and Shalamar 'Dancing In The Sheets' (Extended 12" Remix by Jellybean).

I'm all for bonus tracks but this reissue clocks in at just 55 minutes 4 seconds, leaving almost 25 minutes of unused space on the CD. Adding Jellybean's 12" mixes of Deniece Williams and Bonnie Tyler would have absorbed some of that space and made this feel far more complete. Amazingly (considering this was the remix-laden world of the 80s) there wasn't a 12" mix of Kenny Loggins' title track Footloose (at least not one that we know about) - the US 12" promo contained the album version and, on the B-side, a 'Single Version' that was four seconds shorter!

It's very good value (at just £3.99 when I bought mine) and there was less emphasis on filling CDs to the brim with bonus material back in 1999 when this came out. But it doesn't really feel complete with so much unused space on it and so many absent 12" versions. However, at least we get the Jellybean remix of Shalamar in digital quality and that's something to be grateful for.
on 7 September 2003
I bought this after watching the movie as a child and have fond memories prancing round my living room singing to Lets Hear It For The Boy!
Mostly good tracks but a few dull ones that you have to think back to the movie to remember.
All in all good music and fab to drive to or relive your youth and prance around to once again!
on 3 March 2012
Kevin Bacon dancing!!!
This soundtrack just takes you back to the 80s! It's a great revival and I love it!
Great price, I bought this for my car... I know I can't sing but it certainly entertains fellow commuters on the motorway in the mornings and you just can't help smiling when you hear this!
A bargain purchase.
VINE VOICEon 5 May 2012
Had just watched the film again for the upteenth time and still love it. Have the soundtrack on vinyl and just thought I need this for the car. Great music and makes you reminisce of days gone If you havn't seen the film or heard the music starting buying you will love it.
on 1 January 2013
I loved this film and when Kevin Bacon came on the tv ads recently it reminded me of this film. Love the need to dance that comes with this sound track. It's free and within everyone who purchases the cd. Find your love of dancing like a teenager again with this album.
on 29 March 2014
For someone who is a fan of the original movie or a fan of 80's music in general then you will absolutely love this. One of my guilty pleasures, love every song off this album from start to finish. =)
on 28 August 2015
Bought this by mistake, was wanting some cream for a weak ankle. No worries, it does what it says on the tin, addictive ditties have had me dancing for two weeks non-stop, now both ankles are weak!
on 23 May 2013
The footloose soundtrack takes you back to the 80's. I had forgotten how good the soundtrack was. The film was weird though, how can you ban dancing? Who cares cos it all works out ok in the end.
on 24 November 2010
I remember the film from years ago, and used to have the soundtrack on vinyl. It was good to hear the songs again and remember back to the 80's, I really enjoy listening to this cd.