Format: Audio CD|Change

on 10 April 2001
Saviour Machine's Legend I and Legend II are the CDs that I have been listening to more than any other. And this is because it really gets better and better with time. First half of Legend III will be released in July and the second half in December. Together Legend I, II and III is a fantastic description of the end of the world as described in the Bible.
The lyrics are very poetic and with a great English language singer Eric Clayton takes us on a journey from here to eternity accompanied by increndibe music to match the lyrics. When the lyrics are sad the music is dark and visa-versa.
I would say the music-style is some sort of symphonic goth-rock also inspired by hebrew and arabic music. It is gothic but not too heavy. It is beautifully constructed and well organized like a symphony.
Especially Legend II might be a bit difficult to cope with at first. After I had been listening to Legend I for a long time I was a bit disappointed when I heard Legend II for the first time, but after having listened to it a few times it is now by far my favourite CD. The greatness of it makes me stand in awe and respect as I listen to it more and more.
My recommendations are to listen to Legend I first and Legend II afterwards and also to keep listening to it as you will discover more and more beautiful detailes each time. This is really a CD you can keep listening to.