on 27 March 2005
Well what can I say I went to see the Lion King musical in December last year with freinds I thought it was so magical the best musical I had even seen. This cd is so great it reminds of the night I was glued to my seat watching the musical in the lyceum theatre. I was nearly reduced to tears when I heard them singing the circle of life live infront of me. I bought this album the day after I saw the musical
This cd is such a great buy if you have not bought it yet you just have too BELIEVE ME THE MUSICAL IS BREATHTAKING WELL WORTH IT!
I GIVE THIS ALBUM AND THE MUSICAL 20 OUT OF 20
on 8 February 2004
My mother brought this cd home with her after she went to see the musical in london and since then it has been a family favourite! Shadowland is a beautiful song and definitely my favourite but they are all great! I would recommend this to any musical person
on 4 March 2003
Having grown up in an era which included a continual production of disney films, it was inevitable that I should take a liking to the music also. I always had a special liking for the music in the Lion King, and so paid the money to see the theatre production when the show came to the West End. The show is brilliant and the accompanying music (as on the CD) is as good. This CD is brilliant to listen over and over agin and I also use it to 'chillout' to when I need to. I have never spent a better £8 in my life and if you think that theatre or disney is not for you, then think again. I would also recommend the show.
on 9 May 2004
I just came back from London where I saw this musical in the Lycean theatre. I must say that I have never in my life seen or experienced such a show! If you're smart and staying in London, recerve the ticket(s) for this show at once! It is one opportunity you don't wanna mis no matter what! The voices are amazing, costumes and make-up is also apsolutely incredible, and non of the music you shall hear is on a recording! After the show you're willing to spend any money to get the original recording of it. Be smart and go to the nearest CD shop or orther it on Amazon. Yóu won't regret it, trust me!
on 28 October 2002
Having never previously been to a musical, I was unsure on what to expect. I decided not to buy the accompanying soundtrack before the show, but was compelled to after seeing the show. The soundtrack itself is a perfect mix of new and old, with the fusion between African and Western music being combined very well. The opening track almost brings tears to the eyes (especially when sung live right in front of you!) and the music remains as good for the whole album. Truely wonderful.
on 7 February 2004
I love this CD! I went to see The Lion King on Broadway recently, and was so blown away by the outstanding soundtrack that I bought a copy in the interval. Unlike the other reviewers, I disagree that you should hear this before you go (if you go at all!). I listen to it regularly and never get sick of it. Buy it...it's better than Disney's version in my opinion.
on 5 January 2000
This is an absolute gem for the whole family. Beats for the funky cats in the house, sweet melodies that the kids will love to sing along with - all inextricably linked by fragrant African influences. The vocals penetrate the score with authentic emotion that is delightfully moving.
on 26 July 2004
This is a FABULOUS CD, there really is nothing like it. The two new songs by Elton John, 'Chow Down' and the 'Madness of King Scar,' are not to be missed, and the songs all include a lot more African words, which adds to the magic!
All in all, this is not a CD you will regret buying!
on 17 April 2007
The Lion King Musical is absolutely amazing and the offical CD of the Broadway production is a top notch album.

I was lucky enough to see the show in New York last year and would urge anyone who gets the chance to do the same.

The music is enchanting and vibrant and while it obviously can't deliver the same incredible WOW factor that the show possesses through its wonderful use of costumes it is still a brilliant album to listen to.
on 9 May 2004
I just came back from London where I saw this musical in the Lycean theatre. I must say that Ihave never in my life seen or experienced such a show! If you're smart and staying in London, recerve the ticket(s) for this show at once! It is one opportunity you don't wanna mis no matter what! The voices are amazing, costumes and make-up is also apsolutely incredible, and non of the music you shall hear is on a recording! After the show you're willing to spend any money to get the original recording of it. Be smart and go to the nearest CD shop or orther it on Amazon. Yóu won't regret it, trust me!