Format: Audio CD|Change

on 28 July 2010
In my opinion the best album in the world! Every song is brilliant, clever beautiful lyrics sung with a soulfull voice. Lovely!
on 29 September 2015
I bought this album when it came out in 1998 and am really surprised it hasn't achieved the recognition it deserves over the years. The album is a subtle treat, cool, glacial at times, with McAlmont often purposely keeping his stunning voice in check as the song cycle moves along. The backings are mainly electronic in texture ('of the time' one might say!) and really seem a natural fit for McAlmont - i'm curious why he's never followed it up with anything similar as it clearly seems a natural fit for me. All tracks are either written by or in collaboration with the singer, where now days he seems to concentrate much more on standards - this man can write however, no doubt about that. Stand out track for me is the stunning 'Love and Madness', but the opener 'Lose my Faith', 'It's enough', 'The Train' and the title track are also excellent. In a perfect world McAlmont would be far better known than he is and if this album is anything to go by his talent has not got the backing it deserves from the music industry. Difficult to pigeon hole no doubt, this effort deserves reappraisal.
on 14 November 2013
I liked the record that I bought at rock bottom price. Recommended. Delivery as promised and all is up to my high expectations
on 25 July 2015
I'm such a fan , I can't get enough of his voice but novices might try the 'live " at Leicester Square because above all, McAlmont is such a great performer.
on 11 October 2014
great album plus service and price. joe uk