5.0 out of 5 stars Alison moyet at her very best
I love every song on this album especially ' only you'. Her voice is fantastic - smooth but with power and depth. It's great listening when you just want to chill out with a nice glass of wine.
Published on 20 Jun 2011 by foodieholic

3.0 out of 5 stars Some good
I bought the album as we did not have any Alison Moyet in our collection and thought she was a significant performer.
Listened to the full album today and enjoyed parts of it - the rest may grow on me !
Published 6 months ago by Mr John A McMahon

5.0 out of 5 stars Alison moyet at her very best, 20 Jun 2011
foodieholic (Newcastle upon Tyne) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Alison Moyet - Singles review, 12 Jun 2009
Hi all

If you are a fan of 80's pop music, then this is a worthwhile purchase.

Alison Moyet however is more than an 80's pop talent, she has an amazing voice which carries credibility. The album covers all of her well known tracks and few gems I had not heard before.

There are some big production numbers on the album in true 80's style. But the cover of the `that ole devil called love' is great. It's not the easiest of songs to cover but Alison puts in a fantastic version.

This album is a 4 star treat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy voice, 1 Dec 2009
E. G. Wilson (Newcastle upon Tyne) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Singles (MP3 Download)
Singles is a fabulous album. Alison has a velvet voice that shines through. Apart from the hit singles with yazoo etc., tracks like 'Wishing you were here' and 'Falling' are top class. At the time of my writing this review, Alison is performing on stage in her '25 years revisited'concert. I tried to get a ticket, but the show was sold out. I'm not surprised. She's simply class act.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 17 Mar 2012
This review is from: Singles (Audio CD)
Has to be the greatest female pop vocalist ever. Every track is a joy. If you are looking for something representative of how Alf sounded in her early career this is it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Singles, 7 Dec 2010
Spider Monkey (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Singles (Audio CD)
`Singles' is a great introduction to an artist with one of the most seductive voices you will ever hear. It is even worth considering even though other compilations have come out since. This offers a good mix of her pop tracks and more ballad type tracks and from the opening track `The First Time I Saw Your Face' you know you are going to be in for a sublime ride. I adore `All Cried Out' which is gutsy and powerful and `That Ole Devil Called Love' which shows how versatile she actually is. There may be other best of's to consider, but I love the running order on this disc and feel it is a good representation of her style and talents. Great to introduce you to her music, as well as an impressive anthology for existing fans.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Utter Bargain, 29 Aug 2008
This review is from: Singles (Audio CD)
A great collection of songs brilliantly sung. Not being a devoted Moyet follower, looking at the tracklist It has the main Moyet songs.............................. and plenty of others that get you exclaining "Oh I remember this one, forgot it was her!" time and again.

Great voice, a CD worth more than you can buy it on here for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant album!, 19 Aug 2008
C. P. Whiting "G Moonwalker" (Ipswich, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Singles (Audio CD)
I was aware of some of Alison Moyet's work, particularly in days as one half of 'Yazoo', but never really regarded myself as a fan.

My old man had this album on in his car a few weeks back and I couldn't believe how many of the songs I recognised, but never knew were by her - Great songs too!

I decided to purchase my own copy for the sake of a couple of quid and found it a very enjoyable listen.

Definitely worth 5 stars and I'm happy to run with the pack on this one...

5.0 out of 5 stars Delivered on time in good condition, 3 Sep 2013
This review is from: Singles (Audio CD)
Brilliant album! Looking forward to seeing her in Dublin later this year, a truly individual and stunning voice and must have album

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice albulm, 2 Jun 2013
This review is from: Singles (Audio CD)
No doubt she has a great voice and nice songs. Brings back some great memories, most song well known a few not so much.

5.0 out of 5 stars this is the best album from the best singer ever-, 6 Sep 2000
This review is from: Singles (Audio CD)
i love this album- its the best. try as you might you will not find a bad song on here. My favourite is "this house" its makes my knees go to jelly every time i listen to it. Alisons velvet voice is shown at its best in that ole devil called love. All cried out never fails to bring a tear- o there i go harping on- just buy it your self and you'll know what i mean. ALISON COME BACK SOON!

Singles
Singles by Alison Moyet (Audio CD - 1999)