Format: Audio CD|Change

on 28 August 2002
Well I'm not going to admit that I've been following NUFAN for years, however I have been very much into melodic punk for ages, listening to such bands as: The*Ataris, Useless ID, Fenix*TX, Finch, amongst others, and this CD shines through and beats them all. The musicianship on this album shows. It is so well composed and written, and this band is vastly underated, and I recommend to anyone reading this review that they go out and buy it IMMEDIATELY as it ROCKS!!! I like every song on the album, and the melodys are just amazing. Stand out songs include: Not You Saviour, Chasing Rainbows (personal favourite), Lies Can't pretend, Pride.....awww Hell....It's all good, just buy it! Oh, and they are amazing live, so might be worth checking out there live album "Live in a Dive"....
on 17 April 2006
I'm a bit biased as a no use lover, but this album is awesome. Life size mirror is probably the best track, a lot of the others are replicated on other albums, but it's worth buying No Betterness just for that.

"too emo bla" whatever
on 8 August 2002
I can't believe that this only got an average of 4 marks. It has to be five. I own at least over 50 punk albums and this is by far the greatest punk albulm ever to exsist on the planet. Some great riffs and meanful singing make this a great buy. If you don't believe me listen to the tracks. You won't be dissapointed!!!
on 7 September 2014
I dont know what more betterness is .
on 27 April 2000
I have to admit that this CD does dazzle the listener into a state of bewilderness at the musical skill contained within this album. The new guitarist has obviously unleashed a new state of talent on the band and caused them to sit even higher in my CD collection, definately for the basket.
on 5 December 2000
YES, this is the most accomplished album by NUFAN yet, but some people seem to think that this is due to a new guitarist. If you were a true fan you'd know that Jake Jackson has not been replaced, and is simply now using his real name, Chris Shifflet. But anyway, back to the CD, its bad ass... but doesn't have the harder, faster edge, which some of their older albums managed so well... but it'll probly grow on you.
on 30 November 2002
The only time I have enjoyed listening to this album is sitting doing something else and absent-mindedly singing along. It's a very simple record, quite fun to hum along to the slow songs or to wave your lighter in the air during the more "stadium rock" tracks. It's sad that a band as technically sound as NUFAN can reduce to doing sub-emo pop-punk. I realise that their songs have always been lyrically emotional, but Tony Sly's slightly grating and deeper-than-your-average-popster singing voice really lifted their previous two albums above the masses. Unfortunately, somewhere in production, the treble has really been cranked up on "More Betterness" leaving a tinny, painfully trebly sound and Tony's voice has become high and whiney. The only songs which really hark back to NUFAN in their prime (Making Friends, if you ask me - Tony really couldn't sing on their albums before Leche Con Carne) are 6 Degrees From Misty and Life Sized Mirror.
NUFAN are a good band, but this just isn't a good album.
on 5 April 2002
This is good, but theyve kinda lost their punk edge. A bit too emo for me!