5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
Contrary to the previous review this is not heavy metal, but Blues Rock. If you like Gary Moore or Peter Green back in the Bluesbreakers days, then I think you will love this - Kenny has definately had a lot of influence from SRV and BB King but adds his own edge which gives blues a refreshing kick!
Published on 19 May 2004 by Neil Webster

2.0 out of 5 stars Really heavy man
Have to say I was disappointed in this. Everybody talks about Shepherd's talents as a blues guitarist. About how he's the new SRV. I was quite excited picking this up.

Published on 29 Aug 2003 by dangermash

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 19 May 2004
This review is from: Live On (Audio CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Kenny Wayne Shepherd is the new king of blues-rock, 8 Dec 2001
This review is from: Live On (Audio CD)
This album is truly fantastic. In fact, it is just as good as his other two, 'Ledbetter Heights' and 'Trouble Is'. I got this CD on it's release in Los Angeles, 1999 and have listened to it a couple of times a week ever since.
He has excelled with this album to mix country-blues (Was) and hard Blues-Rock (Shotgun Blues and In 2 Deep) with some beautiful, clean ballads (Where was I? Electric Lullaby).
If you like Jimmy/Stevie Ray Vaughan, Bonnie Raitt, Eric Clapton (there's so many) you ought to like this guy. If you like PROPER, full-on guitar music (i'm not talking about oasis or travis here) then you'll also like him, and STEVE VAI, JOE SATRIANI, ERIC JOHNSON and ERIC SARDINAS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guitar and music from the successor to SRVaughan., 5 Oct 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Live on (Audio CD)
More of the developing artistry and skill we expect from Kenny Wayne Shepherd. This young man is maturing and getting better with every note he plays. This album has a mixture of styles, indicating perhaps his youth and a continuing search for himself, and at times it leans somewhat heavily on one of his mentors, Stevie Ray Vaughan.
If there is a criticism, I would ask for more solos from KWS himself, but with a group of guest musicians like he has here, that is a minor point.
A superb album - buy it and you will enjoy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kenny Wayne Shepherd ROCKS!!, 12 Dec 2000
G. W. Fitchett "ZombieLord" (Cambridge, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Live On (Audio CD)
I first encountered the phenomenal guitar of Kenny Wayne and the fantasic voice of Noah Hunt when i was browsing in a record store. When the song "In too deep" started on the store stereo i had to know who was responsible for such fine music, when the cashier told me i bought the album on the spot & im glad i did because this lp don`t dissapoint!
I was all goosebumpy from the second i put the album in my stereo. Kicking off with the superb "In too deep" with its full assult guitar, then procedding to "Was" with a country-ish feel i was a bit surprised by this excellent song. You`ll find K.W.S vary quite alot on this album from country (Was),rock (In too deep),blues (Shotgun blues) to ballads (Last goodbye). Being a fan of Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jimmy Hendrix & Steve Vai this lp didnt go a miss in my collection & if you like the artist ive just mentioned it shouldnt go a miss in your collection either..so buy this album TODAY

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fantastic!, 2 Jun 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Live on (Audio CD)
This is kenny's finest yet. From the acoustic slide of 'was' to the electric chicago blues of shotgun blues and the 'hendrixised' cover of Peter Green's 'Oh Well' Kenny shines all the way through. But what shines through almost as much as Kenny's 'Albert King meets Jimi Hendrix' guitar style are the Paul Rogers style vocals of Noah hunt. A must.

4.0 out of 5 stars cracking rock, 8 April 2014
bart4books "db" (bristol, england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Live On (Audio CD)
At first I thought this was just more of the same as Leadbitter Heights but the more I have listened to it the more it has grown. I got it mainly for the version of Oh Well which I heard on the radio and that really is a top notch version. But if you like guitar based rock then you will not be disappointed. This lad can play.

5.0 out of 5 stars this rocks, 18 Dec 2013
This review is from: Live On (Audio CD)
if you like blues that rocks then you will like this .this is music with balls and attitude .I have stumbled across Kenny Wayne as I like bluesy rock and he is a great exponent of this genre

2.0 out of 5 stars Really heavy man, 29 Aug 2003
dangermash (Hartlip, Kent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Live On (Audio CD)

But then I played it. This might have some undderlying blues motifs but it's heavy metal. I mean really heavy metal. I like my AC/DC and my Led Zep - both of which are fairly heavy with a dose of the blues. But this stuff was far too heavy. I'm too embarassed by it to play it.

Live On
Live On by Kenny Wayne Shepherd (Audio CD - 2006)