4.0 out of 5 stars I wish I had found this sooner!, 15 July 2000
This review is from: New Standard (Audio CD)
I had never heard of Steve Tyrell until Michael Parkinson played a few of his tracks on his Sunday Show on Radio 2. As soon as I heard Steve's voice, I realised that he had been the artist who appeared on the soundtrack to the Steve Martin "Father of the Bride" films - in particular his version of "The Way You Look Tonight" had stuck in my mind, as I have always loved that old song (which also appeared in one of my very favourite films "My Best Friend's Wedding" with Julia Roberts) - no, I am NOT obsessed with weddings, it's just a coincidence!
On this album, Steve covers some of the best old romantic and mellow songs in his own unique style, giving some of the lyrics a modern twist (even Hillary and Bill Clinton get a mention!). It is a treat to listen to, and will become one of the most played CDs in my collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Music that never fail to put me in great mood, 20 Dec. 2000
This review is from: New Standard (Audio CD)
Kick off your shoes, turn on the CD, open a bottle of bubblies. Let Steve Tyrell coo you with his warm, playful voice. He's got a great way of putting words together, linking them, and emphasizing them at the right moment. I guess that's what differentiate a good singer from a great one. The songs are old classics, you've heard them before, great for humming along. Steve - when is the next cd?

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely wonderful CD!, 21 Jan. 2002
This review is from: New Standard (Audio CD)
If you enjoy Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby or the likes, this CD will really catch your fancy. A toe-tapping, fun-humming piece of work - definitely worth the buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars 'Jazzy' CD Perfect for Summer Evenings, 13 May 2000
This review is from: New Standard (Audio CD)
I ordered this CD for one song 'Way You Look Tonight' which is one of my favourite but when I played the CD it was not only this song I enjoyed but all of them. They are such easy listening, jazzy songs that are perfect for relaxing to after a stressful day with good company, good food and good wine.

5.0 out of 5 stars New Standard - Steve Tyrell, 21 Nov. 2012
This review is from: New Standard (Audio CD)
I've had this CD before and had to give it away, but saw the opportunity to buy it again and am glad I did! Love to relax & listen to his easy-going style of singing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite Steve Tyrell cd, 11 Jan. 2014
This review is from: New Standard (Audio CD)
I'm quite a fan of Steve Tyrell but Irate this cd as my Favourite and most played of all my cds

New Standard
New Standard by Steve Tyrell (Audio CD - 2000)