5.0 out of 5 stars Great game for the whole family!
We got this game for our daughter aged 5 1/2. She loves board games and we have a huge selection at home, but this one is her absolute favourite. The rules are quite sophisticated, but it didn't take her long to understand them, even though the recommended age is 6+.

Published on 4 Mar. 2010 by Paskwalle

3.0 out of 5 stars Enchanted Forest game
I bought this game for my daughter aged 7 to play with us but found it is just too difficult for her to play. Needs a lot of concentration and would be good for older children but then the subject matter would not be suitable!
Published on 15 Feb. 2010 by Wato2

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game for the whole family!, 4 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Ravensburger Enchanted Forest game (Toy)

Basically the game is about memorizing symbols hiding under each tree. A stack of cards is kept at the castle. The top card is shown and that's the symbol everybody has to find. Once you know where the corresponding tree is, you have to make your way to the castle to win the card. It sounds simple, but loads can go wrong in between - other's can throw you out, change the card or just be quicker than you. So the game doesn't only rely on memorizing pictures, but also teaches a great lot about tactics. It is good practice for adding up the points of two dice and requires quite a bit of concentration, since it often lasts up to 30 minutes. Overall an absolute excellent game, that even adults enjoy playing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Childhood memories, 18 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Ravensburger Enchanted Forest game (Toy)
I remember this game from when i was young and got it for my 30th birthday... still love it! Having introduced my 7yr old neice to the wonders of board games (instead of the wii) I'm going to get her it for xmas. It can be played time and time again and never loses it's fun value, for kids it can be quite difficult to remember where they saw the tree but you can always adapt and give them 2 chances to guess. Definately a game for all ages.

3.0 out of 5 stars Enchanted Forest game, 15 Feb. 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 5 Jan. 2012
W. Parsons (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ravensburger Enchanted Forest game (Toy)
This isa good game which involves a little simple strategy and use of memory. My 5 year old enjoys it and quickly picked it up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game - just as I remember it., 10 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Ravensburger Enchanted Forest game (Toy)
Bought this for my daughters 7th birthday, she loves it, and so do I! It is just as it was 30 years ago - great game

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone loves this game!, 7 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Ravensburger Enchanted Forest game (Toy)
This is one of those rare games that the whole family can enjoy (no more dutifully slogging away at Guess Who etc. - I genuinely don't mind playing this one!) Our children are 5 and 9, and both love it. The youngest used to have to team up with someone older, but has just started playing by herself, and wiped the floor with the rest of us last time we played! It's easy to pick up the rules so friends and family can join in without too much explaining. It's basically just a memory game, with some simple strategy thrown in to keep it interesting (and test family loyalties - who will you send back to the start?!). We love it so much we play an extended version until all the cards have been won. Great fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game for children, and good fun for the adults too, 26 April 2014
This review is from: Ravensburger Enchanted Forest game (Toy)
Like a number of other reviewers I had fond memories of playing this as a child. It turns out that it's just as playable with my children. It is a good fun way of recognising and adding numbers, which my 5 year old loves while also being interesting for the 3 year old because the memory part of the challenge is something he can join in with. In fact, he has the best memory and therefore can realistically win, which actually makes it properly fun for all the family. The trees carry pictures from the most well known fairy tales so this is an additional talking point.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 4 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Ravensburger Enchanted Forest game (Toy)
My 7 year old daughter was given this for Christmas. At first she thought the box made it look a bit babyish but once she started playing it she really enjoyed it. My 6 year old son has been enjoying it too. The premise of the game is that special objects have been secretly hidden underneath trees around the forest - the aim is to find them and then race to the castle to collect the card. The first to collect 3 cards wins. It's a good game for improving memory skills - my daughter is shocked by how easily she forgets what she's seen - and is fun aswell. I can imagine us getting a few years of enjoyment from this. My daughter's advice is for children her age to ignore the picture on the front of the box!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant whole family board game, 11 April 2015
This review is from: Ravensburger Enchanted Forest game (Toy)
Memory matching game, which is quite challenging for all ages! You could probably simplify the rules for younger children, but our 8 year old daughter copes fine with the quite complicated rules, but she's not so good at not showing the hidden treasures to everybody else, and not just to herself! It is sturdily made and I think will last many years to become a family favourite. You can play with just two, or as many as four, though you could add an extra playing piece or two, if your family is larger than that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Original, engaging family game., 15 May 2013
Bluecashmere. (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Ravensburger Enchanted Forest game (Toy)
This is an excellent family game, involving more than just memory; it can be quite tactically sophisticated. At the same time it is easily understood by younger children and the symbols drawn from fairy stories are attractive and hold their attention. Two can play enjoyably but it is even more fun with more. Like most German games it is solidly made and tastefully presented. In general games last around half an hour but it is easy to extend or abbreviate by varying the number of objects to be found Recommended.

Ravensburger Enchanted Forest game