5.0 out of 5 stars Spellbinding Michael Flatley
Published on 29 Jan 2006 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality DVD
I have watched River Dance before and loved it, but the picture quality of this recording was not good. Very disappointed.
Published 15 months ago by James R. Edwards

5.0 out of 5 stars Spellbinding Michael Flatley, 29 Jan 2006
This review is from: Lord of the Dance [DVD] (DVD)
I first became a fan of Michael Flatley when I saw him in Riverdance, then on DVD in Lord of the Dance. Recently I have been to see the live show of Lord of the Dance - it was fantastic, the only improvement would have been to see Michael Flatley dancing. I have now purchased Michael Flatley Gold and Feet of Flames on DVD and no matter how many times I watch them, it makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end - superb, fantastic. Michael Flatley is a truly talented man - his flute solo was just beautiful and haunting. Highly recommended. I have just ordered Celtic Tiger which comes out on DVD in Europe in April.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 25 Jan 2006
This review is from: Lord of the Dance [DVD] (DVD)
I first saw lord of the dance on video. Recently I went to see the live show in Nottingham. It was an excellent show, the dance routines second to none, the stories were played out brilliantely.I must say though I wish that I could have seen Michael Flatley dance, I dont think there is anyone that could touch him, he has a certain panache that is inbuilt. I will purchase more of Michael Flatleys work in the future.For quality and value it cant fail.
Thank you Mr Flatley you have revived some of me that I thought had gone forever.
marguerite holt

5.0 out of 5 stars Lord of the dance, 12 Nov 2004
This review is from: Lord of the Dance [DVD] (DVD)
I have recently seen this show live on stage, not with Michael Flatley of course, but it was a wonderfull production and without doubt the best live show I have seen.
I have now purchased the Michael Flatley Lord of the dance DVD
and would highly recomend it to anyone who has seen the live show.

5.0 out of 5 stars REALLY GOOD !!, 5 Aug 2004
This review is from: Lord of the Dance [DVD] (DVD)
I have just bought and watched Lord of the Dance and it is absolutely great. Even my 2 kids (9 and 6) watched it all the way through and more. The show is awesome, the dancing wonderful, Micheal Flatley can be proud of himself on there, he (well they all) deserve all the standing ovations they got. WELL WORTH BUYING !

5.0 out of 5 stars There is really good music., 27 April 2000
By A Customer
The music in this is better than in Riverdance. I think this has more of a story. Michael Flatley dances better in this than in Riverdance to. The other dances are very good too.

5.0 out of 5 stars I know what i'm talking about, 5 Jan 2007
D.waddicar (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lord of the Dance [DVD] (DVD)
I totally recommend this dvd, Everything about this show is magnificent, and michael flatleys dancing is superb as are his dance troop. The whole cast put their all into their dancing and it shows

I definately give this dvd 5 stars and 10 out of 10

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!, 12 Nov 2005
This review is from: Lord of the Dance [DVD] (DVD)
Amazing, electrifying! I saw Lord of the Dance live after watching the DVD a couple of years ago, and I'm going to see it again. The DVD is brilliant with excellent choreography. Michael is great on stage with the audience rising to its feet. Definately worth buying!

4.0 out of 5 stars Michael Flately is "Lord of the Dance"!, 23 Mar 2000
By A Customer
I was simply breathless after watching this VDO and I'm sure it will be many times better if I was lucky enough to catch this performance live. The music really draws you in, and I never knew I'd enjoy Irish music. The costumes are magnificent with all their vibrant colours and really added strength to the show. After all the cutting, dubbing, tuning, with a few special effects thrown in, each scene was given a boost. It would have been rather bland if it were shown just the way it was on stage. Because you're not there to appreciate the total effect of live performance this VDO really gave that extra bite. Some angles you wouldn't have been able to see if you were in the audience. The camera angles were well planned and used. BRAVO!
I would have given this VDO five stars but I found the quality of picture a little poor - perhaps too many reproductions from the master tape. And for a couple of seconds in the first act the sound disappeared. If it was flawless I would have gladly given it all five stars. Maybe the DVD version is better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Story, 23 July 2007
Mike Reda "miker11" (Sweden) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lord of the Dance (Paperback)
Like a lot of people, I only know about Michael Flatley as the person who helped launch RiverDance. Other than that, I didn't know too much about the man himself and the amazing dedication and strength he possessed.

His story is a potential Hollywood blockbuster film. What this man has achieved in a short space of time at his time of life is nothing short of incredible. It's a story of a man with a dream that jumped over every barrier that was put in front of him. His dedication to his dream seems almost superhuman combined with a talent to make Irish dance sexy and exciting.

He comes across as a self assured man with focus, determination, grit and and with a 'can do' belief. He's funny, talented, popular with the women, down to earth and everyone's friend. Typical Irishman, I would say! A story well worth reading.......very inspiring!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best by far!!, 18 Nov 2003
Leanne (BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDS United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
this video really is amazing, it makes you want to get up and dance like them, this video is packed with excellent dances, the very best dancers and of course the 'Lord' of the dance, this man cannot be beaten. this video captures the excitement of the audience, it also captures the dancers complex movements excellently, Lord of the dance is a fast moving production of irish dance. i would recommend this to anyone, irish dancer or not, it would really make a perfect gift.

Lord Of The Dance [DVD] [1996] [Region 1] [NTSC]
Lord Of The Dance [DVD] [1996] [Region 1] [NTSC] by Michael Flatley (DVD - 2013)
5.86