Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£22.99+ £1.26 shipping

on 10 December 2000
This is without a doubt my most favourite album of all time. It contains nearly all my favourite tracks and is mixed so perfectly.
I bought this as a newcomer to the trance scene about two months after it came out, for the track 'Children' by Robert Miles, but every other track is amazing. It has a few rare gems that you just can't find on most CD's and will never be dated. The second in the series (Trance Nation 2) is almost as good, but sadly after that, the quality of Trance Nations 3 & 4 has plumetted, concentrating on getting as many of the latest hits onto one album rather than a perfect harmony of flawlessly mixed classic tracks.
This album is the ultimate. If you don't like this, you don't like mainstream trance. I've ended up a lifetime fan of the genre, thanks solely to this CD. Thank you MoS.
on 28 October 2015
This is NOT the real thing? No card sleeve! Arrived unsealed in a plain orange plastic case with nothing but Trance Nation printed on cheap card inlay ...save your money and get a good second hand real version
on 28 July 2003
In every music genre there's an album that made history, for trance music, it might sound silly to say (especially because the latest Trance Nations were... CRAP?!?!) but this is the one.
I remember i bought this comp when i was 17 after hearing System F - Out Of The Blue and it blew my mind. I possibly played these cds a million times and today i got bak to it and man... it's still excellent.
Ministry Of Sound best ever compilation was amazing because it really worked as an introduction to trance for the mainstream... It had all the tunes that shaped the genre thrown in with some anthems to be.
Point is u really ought to look everywhere to find this gem... it's the must have of trance and one of the best compilations ever produced.
on 20 September 2006
There's some class tunes on this. This was the album that got me into dance music all those years ago and it actually gets better with every listen, even 7 years later!

It's how all dance albums should be: 2 discs, no filler, just lots of spectacular songs.

And it does help that Offshore by Chicane's on there-one of the best songs of all time.

BUY THIS!!!!!!!!
on 28 February 2005
This album is by far the best trance album of all time. 1999.. wow. i was a lil baby in the world, ha ha ha.
listening to this again brings tears to my eyes, very very happy days.
Out of the Blue and Wide Open Space, by far my most memorable choons of 99. why dont they make music like this no more!!!?
I miss the old days man!! bring them back!!! as for this album, i love it!!! and always will, its fantastic!
on 14 April 2010
I bought this on release, back in 1999! And not for one moment did I think that I'd still be playing it in 2010! It sounds just as good, if not better! To be honest my only disappointment is that nothing since then has come close to this album. Each Trance Nation after lessened in wow factor, maybe because the pinnacle of the classic Trance era had passed. For recent alternatives perhaps I would turn to the Tiesto 'In Search Of Sunrise' collections.

The first Trance Nation had a mix of the best trance tunes ever, along with ones you'd never heard of, like Kamaya Painters 'Endless Wave'. The thing I like the most is that you can start the album on Track 1, and just leave it running. It's uplifting, and you just wanna hear one track roll into the next.

If you're into your dance or trance and you've not heard this, it's a must buy. Simple.
on 20 August 2007
I have'nt bought this yet as I have only just found it and am waiting(oh...god...the waiting) till pay-day to buy it. This is one of those albums that has every song on it for the trance generation (the original trance generation, not all the bull that was a spin-off from it). The number of times I have listened to this albums is a bit scary, especially considering every time I hear one of the tunes on it on the radio I expect a beautiful transition into the next song on the track listing, BUT IT NEVER HAPPENS :(

If you say you love trance and dont have this album, your just kidding yourself.
on 29 July 2009
This was the first trance album I bought back in 1999 as a newcomer to the scene - very happy days!! This is the ultimate dance album, full of classic tracks and beautifully mixed. Tunes such as "Pearl River", "Endless Wave" and "Cream" and classics like "Offshore" and "Cafe del Mar" take you on the ultimate trance journey! "Wide Open Space" - what an opener!! Takes me back and still sounds great! You really need to own this cd - awesome!!
on 26 August 2000
I have been a great fan of Ministry of sound, and to bring this new 'Nation' seris out is great news. The mixes in the album very good what I mean is that, you that there are all great song on it the blend as one. But as the same time this is raw, it take you on a jorney of the early morinigs and the big beats in it lifts your feet off of the ground. Makes you hair stand up reminding you of the great clubs that the music is played.
on 26 November 1999
This is one of the best MoS albums i've ever bought. As soon as I listened to the first track- Robert Miles' Children- I knew I would love this album. It was so good I would have paid £15 just for the first CD, making the second a bonus. I found the best part being that it wasn't just tunes from this year, it was the best Trance of the last few years. Take my advice, buy it now! Then start shouting TUNE!