on 3 August 2006
Exellent trace album, everytime I listen to it I'm back in 1999 wondering what the 21st century is going to be like.

Trance is pretty dead now, replaced by stoner hip-hop rubbish, but this is trance at it's best.
on 2 December 2000
I work in a cube farm (Dilbert(tm)). This CD gives excellent motivational music to help concentration and drown out all the other random noises. ALL of the tracks are growing on me, though only 3 or 4 stood out immediately. Beware 'Invisible' - she will hypnotise you!
on 22 August 2014
This was pretty much on in the kitchen of my friends house permanently for about 3 years solid. Whether we were going out, coming back or having a night in. Every track IS a winner and represents a period/time/mood when 'trance' was at its best. There are many types of trance but representing a mind set this cd and mix can't be bettered. Whether you put it on for a lazy Saturday afternoon, with a few beers or when stumbling back in at a late hour, this mix will have you in the mood for continuing. I can't recommend it highly enough. It takes on the Global Underground series, which are brilliant in themselves, head on. The one mix cd that challenges it is Oakenfold's Great Wall. That's for another day. Highlight track has to be the Mansun track remixed by Oakey. Put it on and let it take you back to an era when everyone threw shapes in the church of dance :-)
on 11 November 2000
Out of all the Trace Nation available, this on, the original, is definatly the best, TRUE TRANCE you will not regret buying this one, it one of those ones you can put the disc in, press play and enjoy without skiping any tracks you don't like coz there arn't any!!!
on 31 October 2012
This is the best Trance album you will ever buy. At the peak of his career, Ferry Corsten compiled and mixed the best that Trance had to offer in the late 90s. Trance isn't as good now, and probably never will be, but anyone I know that has owned this CD luvs it, and it will always be my favourite Trance Compliation.

See also the first Euphoria CD Mixed by PF Project (Green and black), it is probably the best mixed Trance CD ever released too. Enjoy!

pugwall
on 14 April 2010
I bought this on release, back in 1999! And not for one moment did I think that I'd still be playing it in 2010! It sounds just as good, if not better! To be honest my only disappointment is that nothing since then has come close to this album. Each Trance Nation after lessened in wow factor, maybe because the pinnacle of the classic Trance era had passed. For recent alternatives perhaps I would turn to the Tiesto 'In Search Of Sunrise' collections.

The first Trance Nation had a mix of the best trance tunes ever, along with ones you'd never heard of, like Kamaya Painters 'Endless Wave'. The thing I like the most is that you can start the album on Track 1, and just leave it running. It's uplifting, and you just wanna hear one track roll into the next.

If you're into your dance or trance and you've not heard this, it's a must buy. Simple.
on 20 August 2007
I have'nt bought this yet as I have only just found it and am waiting(oh...god...the waiting) till pay-day to buy it. This is one of those albums that has every song on it for the trance generation (the original trance generation, not all the bull that was a spin-off from it). The number of times I have listened to this albums is a bit scary, especially considering every time I hear one of the tunes on it on the radio I expect a beautiful transition into the next song on the track listing, BUT IT NEVER HAPPENS :(

If you say you love trance and dont have this album, your just kidding yourself.
on 9 January 2005
Simply fantastic.
A collection of true Trance music, containing none of the 'let's-have-a-girl-singing-in-every-track' crap that is released today.
I bought this album when it was released and it is still one of my favourite albums.
If you can get hold of it, buy it.
on 29 July 2009
This was the first trance album I bought back in 1999 as a newcomer to the scene - very happy days!! This is the ultimate dance album, full of classic tracks and beautifully mixed. Tunes such as "Pearl River", "Endless Wave" and "Cream" and classics like "Offshore" and "Cafe del Mar" take you on the ultimate trance journey! "Wide Open Space" - what an opener!! Takes me back and still sounds great! You really need to own this cd - awesome!!
on 26 August 2000
I have been a great fan of Ministry of sound, and to bring this new 'Nation' seris out is great news. The mixes in the album very good what I mean is that, you that there are all great song on it the blend as one. But as the same time this is raw, it take you on a jorney of the early morinigs and the big beats in it lifts your feet off of the ground. Makes you hair stand up reminding you of the great clubs that the music is played.