Format: Audio CD|Change

on 27 December 2011
I only became a fan of Christina when i heard Genie In A Bottle and then Come On Over (All I Want Is You) so i decided to buy this album and see what i thought, after one listen i wasn't so keen on this album i thought some songs were good and some songs were bad, to long and a bit boring but when i listened to it a second time i loved it i thought all the songs were good except for one of two near the end of the album but oh well.
You will find a mix of songs on this album from up tempo dance tracks to an amazing ballad on the piano with really high vocals.
I think she did really well she has such an amazing voice and she was only 16 or 17 when she was in the studio recording it, she never went over the top on the tracks like she did on Stripped (not hating on Stripped, it's a really good album) and the songs suit all ages and they are really easy to listen to.
I recommend not only this album to you but also, because i have listened to all her other 3 albums Stripped, definitely Back To Basics and Bionic.

Genie In A Bottle 5/5
Blessed 4/5
Love Will Find A Way 5/5
Obvious 3.4/5
on 30 September 2003
A general teen pop album - old school Christina - but i stil enjoyed it - i'm going to rate the tracks out of 8.33 so i get aven hundred %
1. Genie in a bottle 7/8.33 - great catchy pop tune
2. What a girl wants - for the better version of this get the special edition album 5/8.33
3. I turn to you - great balled 7/8.33
4. So Emotional - ok rnb song - 4/8.33
5. Come on over - again better on special edition 6/8.33
6. Reflection - best balled on the album 8.33/8.33 +1 merit
7. Love for all seasons - Catchy but a bit of a filler 6/8.33
8. Somebody's Somebody - same as above just not as good 5/8.33
9. When you put your hands on me - sorta like the Get mine, Get yours of Stripped - sexy tune 8.33/8.33 +1 merit
10. Blessed - great balled 7.33/8.33
11. Love will find a way - great catch tune - 7/8.33
12. obvious - ok but a bit dull - worst track on the album 3/8.33
Total 75.99% = 4 stars
overall great album - Christina fans if you missed this - get it now!
on 21 May 2000
From Micky Mouse to Mulan to Pop Divas, this bright young star has certainly hit a high note with this recording.
Christina Aguilera's self titled debut album is full of pop songs from strong powerful ballads to upbeat sing-a-long tunes and each displaying a great deal of talent from this young artist.
1. Genie In A Bottle - The song that has introduced Christina to most of her fans across the globe, and is impossible to dislike. 4/5
2. What A Girl Wants - A brave follow-up single to 'Genie In A Bottle'. It has an R'n'B flavor to it and may take a few listenings to before you can appreciate it. 3.5/5
3. I Turn To You - This is a powerful song with a Whitney Houston sound that shows off Christina's vocal ability. A beautiful song dedicated to Christina's Mum. 4.5/5
4. So Emotional - Another R'n'B influenced song. It's one of the average tracks on the album, but becomes quite catchy. 3/5
5. Come On Over (All I Want Is You) - My personal favorite track. It's an upbeat, fun, sing-a-along to song, and is a perfect pop tune. 5/5
6. Reflection - If this song is familiar, it is because it was on the soundtrack to the animated movie 'Mulan'. Christina was just 16 when this was recorded and her voice is brilliant and perfect for this beautiful song. 5/5
7. Love For All Seasons - This song would perhaps have been better used as a b-side on a single. Vocally, again Christina does not fail but the song just fails to go anywhere. 2.5/5
8. Somebody's Somebody - This song is often criticised however I would dispute that. Great mid tempo song that will have you tapping away to in no time. 4/5
9. When You Put Your Hands On Me - Excellent pop song, but my only criticism is the synthesised sound to Christina's voice which is really unnecessary and annoying. 4.5/5
10. Blessed - Beautiful and unique song, that has to be heard. 5/5
11. Love Will Find A Way - Upbeat pop song that will make you want to sing along to it. This would have been a good bright song to end the album on. 4.5/5
12. Obvious - The only thing that saves this song is the vocal ability. Slow and boring and just does not go anywhere. 2/5
When Christina first came onto the music scene she was given the label 'The New Britney Spears'. This album does not only prove this entirely wrong, but makes it quite clear just who Christina's influences are. With a Mariah Carey / Whitney Houston influence, she has created her own unique style of music.
Christina Aguilera is a pop album, with a variety of different songs that will keep you listening to for hours. If you love pop music, then this is the ultimate female pop album.
on 9 May 2000
This Cd is just excellent, which leaves you to think, "Who's Britney? What was I thinking! " Not only is she SEXY, but also has a great voice! I first heard Christina's powerful voice last October when she released her debut single "Genie in a bottle", which went straight to number 1. (which just says it all!) I really liked her voice, but it wasn't until my best friend, AJ, bought me this, her debut album, for Christmas that I released how great she really is. On this album, there are 12 great songs including her number one hit "Genie in a bottle" plus her number 3 hit "What a girl wants" and her powerful ballad "I turn to you" which is soon to be released! All of the songs are really enchanting, plus you find yourself singing along to them in the shower! she is soon to release 3 more albums before the end of 2000, including a Spanish album, a Christmas album aswell as her eagerly awaited 2 album. I'm just crazy about her, and wish she we're doing a tour here! I don't really need to say anymore, apart from...BUY IT! cos you'll be missing out!
on 8 May 2000
OH MY where do I start.It IS the best album I have ever bought and Christina has the voice of an angel. Kicking off with the v.sexy GENIE IN A BOTTLE."Hormones racing at the speed of light" has to be my fave line in the song.It is hard to describe how good this song is, It always put's me in the mood. Next up is WHAT A GIRL WANTS which is also a brilliant song.The album has been issued twice so one album may have an old un remixed version of the song but new ones will have the extended remix we all love and know. I TURN TO YOU is a beautiful ballad which will make you yearn for your loved ones.
My favouraite songs not including the above are COME ON OVER a fresh fun song.REFLECTION from Disney's magnificent movie MULAN.LOVE FOR ALL SEASONS.LOVE WILL FIND A WAY and the SUPERB song WHEN YOU PUT YOUR HANDS ON ME.
You will laugh and cry when listening to this MASTERPIECE.You will see why she won the well deserved grammy.
A REAL GEM WHICH MUST BE LISTENED TO.
on 19 May 2000
I love this cd so much, I play it all the time. I can't understand anyone who says it's a load of rubbish. Ok, so we've all got different opinions but this is a BRILLIANT album! My favourite songs on here are definetely 'What a girl wants', 'Come on over', 'Somebody's somebody' and 'Blessed'. All the songs on here are either very catchy, fun upbeat songs or just plain beautiful ballads. 'Turn to you' is definetely the one which shows off her voice best. I just can't understand why people compare her to Britney, their music are different styles and their voices are so different. Anyway this is a great album, and that's comparing it to the likes of Mariah, Jessica Simpson, Shania Twain , Toni Braxton, TLC and literally hundreds more. Most of which I don't enjoy listening to as much as this.
on 16 September 2000
This is one of the few 'no fillers' albums around. Well at least i thought so. I instantly loved the songs 'Genie..', 'What a girl wants', 'Turn to you', 'Come on over', 'Somebody's somebody' and 'Blessed'. Of course the rest grew on me and now i can honestly say i always listen to the album without skipping one song. It has a lush mixture of r'n'b, pop, latin and even a few ballads thrown in. Every song is different to each other, and her STUNNING vocals bring light to all of them. My fave has to be 'blessed'. Only complaint is that 'We're a miracle' was left out. I haven't bought an album since which i like more!
on 5 September 2000
Ive had this album for a while now and ive listened to it over and over again and im not bored with it! Christina truly shows her amazing talent on this CD. Her voice is truly amazing, especially in the songs I Turn To You and Reflection. I love how the album contains a mix of Pop and RnB instead of just plain Pop. My personal favourite track is So Emotional. A great debut album from Christina and I can't wait for her Spanish album out later this month, her Christmas album out in November and her next English album out in spring next year!
on 18 January 2000
This is one brilliant album!! I really recommend it to anyone who likes Christina and even those who aren't really into her. It's absolutley fantastic!! She has a GREAT voice which she shows off in tracks like 'I turn to you' and 'Reflection' and you've also got the fabulous 'What a girl wants' the follow up to her No.1 success 'Genie in a bottle' and slow sexy songs like 'When you put your hands on me' and 'Obvious' BUY IT NOW!!!
on 3 May 2000
Forget the comaprisons, Christina and this album will blow you away with her amazing voice talent and her incedible range. The tracks are individual as well as brilliantly performed by the gorgeous Christina, if you do not have this album then you must part with a small amount of money and buy it immediately. You will not be disappointed with what will surely be one of the best sounding cd's you will own. Buy it !