4.0 out of 5 stars Nothing compared to stripped but still good!
A general teen pop album - old school Christina - but i stil enjoyed it - i'm going to rate the tracks out of 8.33 so i get aven hundred %
1. Genie in a bottle 7/8.33 - great catchy pop tune
2. What a girl wants - for the better version of this get the special edition album 5/8.33
3. I turn to you - great balled 7/8.33
4. So Emotional - ok rnb song -...
Published on 30 Sep 2003

1.0 out of 5 stars DAVID, I'M REALLY TEMPTED!
This CD made my belly tickle, my nerves tremble, my spine tingle, my brain electrified and my heart rumble. It sent my emotions flying and made me feel 'so emotional'! What a girl(and boy) wants is this! It's pretty obvious you'll be blessed with this overpowering, mind blowing experience if you buy this CD. Overall I thought this was SWANNICH!
Published on 11 Feb 2000

5. Come on over - again better on special edition 6/8.33
6. Reflection - best balled on the album 8.33/8.33 +1 merit
7. Love for all seasons - Catchy but a bit of a filler 6/8.33
8. Somebody's Somebody - same as above just not as good 5/8.33
9. When you put your hands on me - sorta like the Get mine, Get yours of Stripped - sexy tune 8.33/8.33 +1 merit
10. Blessed - great balled 7.33/8.33
11. Love will find a way - great catch tune - 7/8.33
12. obvious - ok but a bit dull - worst track on the album 3/8.33
Total 75.99% = 4 stars
overall great album - Christina fans if you missed this - get it now!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Variety of Pop, 21 May 2000
Rachel M Harrison (Melbourne, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Aguilera, Christina-Christina Aguilera (Audio CD)
From Micky Mouse to Mulan to Pop Divas, this bright young star has certainly hit a high note with this recording.
Christina Aguilera's self titled debut album is full of pop songs from strong powerful ballads to upbeat sing-a-long tunes and each displaying a great deal of talent from this young artist.
1. Genie In A Bottle - The song that has introduced Christina to most of her fans across the globe, and is impossible to dislike. 4/5
2. What A Girl Wants - A brave follow-up single to 'Genie In A Bottle'. It has an R'n'B flavor to it and may take a few listenings to before you can appreciate it. 3.5/5
3. I Turn To You - This is a powerful song with a Whitney Houston sound that shows off Christina's vocal ability. A beautiful song dedicated to Christina's Mum. 4.5/5
4. So Emotional - Another R'n'B influenced song. It's one of the average tracks on the album, but becomes quite catchy. 3/5
5. Come On Over (All I Want Is You) - My personal favorite track. It's an upbeat, fun, sing-a-along to song, and is a perfect pop tune. 5/5
6. Reflection - If this song is familiar, it is because it was on the soundtrack to the animated movie 'Mulan'. Christina was just 16 when this was recorded and her voice is brilliant and perfect for this beautiful song. 5/5
7. Love For All Seasons - This song would perhaps have been better used as a b-side on a single. Vocally, again Christina does not fail but the song just fails to go anywhere. 2.5/5
8. Somebody's Somebody - This song is often criticised however I would dispute that. Great mid tempo song that will have you tapping away to in no time. 4/5
9. When You Put Your Hands On Me - Excellent pop song, but my only criticism is the synthesised sound to Christina's voice which is really unnecessary and annoying. 4.5/5
10. Blessed - Beautiful and unique song, that has to be heard. 5/5
11. Love Will Find A Way - Upbeat pop song that will make you want to sing along to it. This would have been a good bright song to end the album on. 4.5/5
12. Obvious - The only thing that saves this song is the vocal ability. Slow and boring and just does not go anywhere. 2/5
When Christina first came onto the music scene she was given the label 'The New Britney Spears'. This album does not only prove this entirely wrong, but makes it quite clear just who Christina's influences are. With a Mariah Carey / Whitney Houston influence, she has created her own unique style of music.
Christina Aguilera is a pop album, with a variety of different songs that will keep you listening to for hours. If you love pop music, then this is the ultimate female pop album.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE MOST TALENTED.No need for an introduction., 8 May 2000
This review is from: Aguilera, Christina-Christina Aguilera (Audio CD)
OH MY where do I start.It IS the best album I have ever bought and Christina has the voice of an angel. Kicking off with the v.sexy GENIE IN A BOTTLE."Hormones racing at the speed of light" has to be my fave line in the song.It is hard to describe how good this song is, It always put's me in the mood. Next up is WHAT A GIRL WANTS which is also a brilliant song.The album has been issued twice so one album may have an old un remixed version of the song but new ones will have the extended remix we all love and know. I TURN TO YOU is a beautiful ballad which will make you yearn for your loved ones.
My favouraite songs not including the above are COME ON OVER a fresh fun song.REFLECTION from Disney's magnificent movie MULAN.LOVE FOR ALL SEASONS.LOVE WILL FIND A WAY and the SUPERB song WHEN YOU PUT YOUR HANDS ON ME.
You will laugh and cry when listening to this MASTERPIECE.You will see why she won the well deserved grammy.
A REAL GEM WHICH MUST BE LISTENED TO.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great buy!, 19 May 2000
This review is from: Aguilera, Christina-Christina Aguilera (Audio CD)
I love this cd so much, I play it all the time. I can't understand anyone who says it's a load of rubbish. Ok, so we've all got different opinions but this is a BRILLIANT album! My favourite songs on here are definetely 'What a girl wants', 'Come on over', 'Somebody's somebody' and 'Blessed'. All the songs on here are either very catchy, fun upbeat songs or just plain beautiful ballads. 'Turn to you' is definetely the one which shows off her voice best. I just can't understand why people compare her to Britney, their music are different styles and their voices are so different. Anyway this is a great album, and that's comparing it to the likes of Mariah, Jessica Simpson, Shania Twain , Toni Braxton, TLC and literally hundreds more. Most of which I don't enjoy listening to as much as this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 16 Sep 2000
This review is from: Aguilera, Christina-Christina Aguilera (Audio CD)
This is one of the few 'no fillers' albums around. Well at least i thought so. I instantly loved the songs 'Genie..', 'What a girl wants', 'Turn to you', 'Come on over', 'Somebody's somebody' and 'Blessed'. Of course the rest grew on me and now i can honestly say i always listen to the album without skipping one song. It has a lush mixture of r'n'b, pop, latin and even a few ballads thrown in. Every song is different to each other, and her STUNNING vocals bring light to all of them. My fave has to be 'blessed'. Only complaint is that 'We're a miracle' was left out. I haven't bought an album since which i like more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Amazing!, 5 Sep 2000
This review is from: Aguilera, Christina-Christina Aguilera (Audio CD)
Ive had this album for a while now and ive listened to it over and over again and im not bored with it! Christina truly shows her amazing talent on this CD. Her voice is truly amazing, especially in the songs I Turn To You and Reflection. I love how the album contains a mix of Pop and RnB instead of just plain Pop. My personal favourite track is So Emotional. A great debut album from Christina and I can't wait for her Spanish album out later this month, her Christmas album out in November and her next English album out in spring next year!

5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!!, 18 Jan 2000
This review is from: Aguilera, Christina-Christina Aguilera (Audio CD)
This is one brilliant album!! I really recommend it to anyone who likes Christina and even those who aren't really into her. It's absolutley fantastic!! She has a GREAT voice which she shows off in tracks like 'I turn to you' and 'Reflection' and you've also got the fabulous 'What a girl wants' the follow up to her No.1 success 'Genie in a bottle' and slow sexy songs like 'When you put your hands on me' and 'Obvious' BUY IT NOW!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superior quality vocals on excellent allbum, 3 May 2000
This review is from: Aguilera, Christina-Christina Aguilera (Audio CD)
Forget the comaprisons, Christina and this album will blow you away with her amazing voice talent and her incedible range. The tracks are individual as well as brilliantly performed by the gorgeous Christina, if you do not have this album then you must part with a small amount of money and buy it immediately. You will not be disappointed with what will surely be one of the best sounding cd's you will own. Buy it !

5.0 out of 5 stars excellant! the best cd i've bought in the last 6 months!, 1 April 2000
REVIEW FROM JANE BONAR:
A fantastic cd, great music, great voice, great to dance to! An uplifting collection of songs. I have played this cd constantly since buying it, and thoroughly enjoy it as much every time I hear it.
A very talented artiste, who will go far, a wonderful strong voice, great ballards, and of course the well known dance hits, including, Genie in a bottle! A definite 10/10!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow what a voice!, 5 Sep 2000
This review is from: Aguilera, Christina-Christina Aguilera (Audio CD)
I decided to buy this CD after hearing her first two songs, Genie in a bottle and What a Girl Wants. After the first time of listening to it I was amazed. I enjoy all types of music but when I heard her voice I became hooked. I would definately recomend this album to any music lover. All the tracks have an original beat and her powerful voice shines through on every one, definately worth the money.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Aguilera, Christina-Christina Aguilera
Aguilera, Christina-Christina Aguilera by Christina Aguilera (Audio CD)