5.0 out of 5 stars Desert Island Disc
Published on 1 May 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Chilled Out Music
Having bought their more recent albums, I found Karma not to be as pop orientated. I love the music and Silence is excellent, but not alone. Try the samples and you will get hooked to what is a brilliant musical experience that to me is very much underated. Just wish there was more like this.
Published on 3 Feb 2011 by J. M. Jones

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Desert Island Disc, 1 May 2002
This review is from: Karma (Audio CD)
If I was told I could only listen to one CD for the rest of my life, this would be it. I bought this CD 3 years ago and I still love it. If you're into sculpture, art, writing -anything creative- get this disc. Every track is journey, every track is picture in music, a scene from a book waiting to be written ... I'm sure you get the idea. I disagree with the reviewer who said that the Enigma and Deep Forest sound quality/production was better. Perhaps you got some gunk on your CD lens! Karma is much, much better than Viva le Roi (etc) by Enigma; and on par with Screen Behind the Mirror. It's as good as Deep Forest's first self titled offering (which my entire family has played to death). At any rate, Karma opened the whole Dark Ambient world to me and I have now supported other artists less well known (and some very well known) by buying their music. I've also bought Semantic Spaces and Poem. Thank you Delerium you've given inspiration to many days of soon to be published work. I can't wait for your next disc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant as ever, 3 Nov 2000
This review is from: Karma (Audio CD)
Delerium have been around for so long, it's a shame that people have only noticed them because of the dance re-mixes. Yes they are gothic, it's a bit of a culture shock for the dance fans when they buy this album thinking it's all dance! But for all the other goths and industrial dance fans - if you haven't bought it, why not?

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful..., 1 Nov 2001
This review is from: Karma (Audio CD)
I consider myself lucky that I discovered Delerium; from what I have heard thus far, I find their music to be very touching, soulful and pleasantly weird. "Wisdom", sparked the fire for me - that song is just beautiful.
I think every track on Karma has it's own unique, subtle magic... which leads to a quietly stirring experience overall. The vocals, where used, are excellent, and the occasional 'chanting' fits nicely once you eventually adopt the idea.
This quaint style of music is unlikely to be fully appreciated by all, but to the deep and thoughtful (and tasteful) among us it should be well received and liked - perhaps even loved.
Karma is definitely strange in nature, but truly beautiful in spirit.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lavish and exotic dreamscape, 22 Mar 2004
This review is from: Karma (Audio CD)
I don't do reviews ... at least not until now. If ever an album forced you to put pen to paper, then this is it.
Imagine a fusion of the very best of Enigma and Deep Forest blended with female vocals that rival even those of Lisa Gerrard. Now consider it done with the artistic integrity and creative identity that is the hallmark of any Delerium album and you're getting close to the rare beauty of this cd. It's dreamier than other recent works by Leeb and Fulber; more beautifully crafted than Poem and less glossy and rigidly song-based than the nevertheless gifted Chimera. Rhys Fulber's Conjure One album also bears comparison ... but I digress.
Karma's keyboard rhythms are to die for. Simple yet unfamiliar, they supply layer upon layer of evocative, ethereal landscape. Add some ethnic chants and a range of other sounds and you end up with a production blessed with more than a hint of other-worldly mysticism and Middle-Eastern charm. All in all it's the perfect backdrop for accomplished chanteuses/songwriters to display their wares and we are not disappointed.
Singling out individual tracks would be pointless as they all shine and every listener will have their favourites, but the album versions of 'Heaven's Earth' and 'Silence' are exquisite and so much better than the many remixes available. Incidentally, if you collected some of the albums mentioned above and their respective bonus discs you will by now have enough material for a home-made compilation of dance mixes. It adds another dimension to Delerium's work and plays well on the car hi-fi, but it does seem slightly sacrilegious to put such earthy and ambient masterpieces to a techno beat.
If they're listening, I'll finish with a plea to the creators. Please work with Lisa Gerrard and Liz Fraser on the next album. A couple of tracks from each in a Karma-esque setting will do very nicely for starters.

5.0 out of 5 stars I would pay £100 for this album, 31 Oct 2000
a_stoned_hippie@hotmail.com (Gloucestershire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Karma (Audio CD)
Every thing about this album is great. It has an excelent sound quality to it and is very well produced. The music itself is outstanding. It has an excellent vibe to it and it is very moving. my parents like this, my friends into drum 'n' bass like it etc. There is just nothing not to like about it. No matter what your into it will just make your ears orgasm. I can not belive that this (these) artists have gone so unnoticed, but o well thats just how it goes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bitchin alternative trance tracks sung by quality females, 1 Oct 2000
This review is from: Karma (Audio CD)
This would get five stars but for a few weak tracks which let this otherwise outstanding album down. Its worth buying for tracks twelve to seventeen alone and includes the pimping Sanctuary mix of Silence which was written and performed by the brilliant Sarah McLachlan, and the powerfull track Incantation. Admittedly this is a weird collection of music with gothic chanting on most tracks, but this merly takes a little more getting used to and the album really grows after a few runs through. This is a quality different sound for trance fans, which would stand out in any music collection. Top drawer of the tree quality wise!

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Trance Whaheyyyyy, 26 Jun 2000
This review is from: Karma (Audio CD)
After hearing the sanctuary mix of SILENCE in Cream and an old ministry mag cd i knew i had to buy the album.This is chilled,ambient trance at its best,although the slightly gothic chanting in some of the tracks were a bit un-nerving at first compared to the majority of trance tracks i liston to.However the albums quality certainly shines through and is perfect for any of those wanting to buy a dance album different than the compilation albums carried from Ibiza.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best of The Best, 21 Oct 2007
This review is from: Karma (Audio CD)
After 8 years of being a fan of Delerium and own around 1000 discs of different styles, this is one of my favourites. I would give it 10 stars if I could.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ethereally wonderful, 24 May 2003
Mr. A. R. Bushell "iblis20" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Karma (Audio CD)
I've only recently bought this album but have easily played it 50 times by now - and I don't see myself getting tired of it anytime soon.
Whilst the production does indeed remind one of Enigma and Deep Forest, everyone in my office (who've been listening to it avidly as well) agree that it's far superior. The actual lyrics are striking and the voices they've used to sing them - well, I can't describe how lovely they are to hear. In fact the final track of the 2 disc album, "Heaven's Earth" is the umpteenth version that I've heard, and easily the best - easily one of the most beautiful pieces of music I've ever heard.
What are you waiting for? Go buy it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Atmospheric!, 22 Jun 2013
G. D. Wood (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Karma (Audio CD)
Perfect background for some BDSM fun. Would be on my 50 shades of grey music list! Finished product seems a bit sensitive to my top of the range CD player where it will not play. I can only get it to play on an average CD player?

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Karma
Karma by Delerium (Audio CD - 2008)