Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£25.74+ £1.26 shipping

on 25 April 2007
I first heard California about 26 years ago and fell straight in love with it's dystopic irony, brilliant lyrics and provocative melody. It took me nearly as long to find out the name of the song. I bought compilation "Ayla" since I was convinced it must be on it. Finally I found this album, with many of their other hits, and there it was! The whole album is quite brilliant, I can't understand why they never became a household name. A thousand times better than Dire Dire Straits and nearly as good as Supertramp, they sholuld have been huge!!!

Funnily enough, I played it to friends in their late twenties, and they thought Flash & The Pan were a contemporary band. It sounds that modern. Brilliant, just brilliant. Time for a big european re-union tour guys!!!
on 1 January 2014
After the 2 tracks that were hit singles, the rest of the album is very uninspiring. If you want those 2 tracks, then it's worth the money, but if you are hoping for more you will be most likely disappointed. Personally, I only really bought it to get those 2 tracks in decent quality (since my old vinyl version is worn out).