5.0 out of 5 stars Stop what you're doing right now and buy this, 31 Aug 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Kid Loco Presents Jesus Life for Children Under 12 (Audio CD)
What an absolutely blinding album. Possibly one of the best purchases I have ever made. There's not a single track that lets the side down - they're all great - with a few absolute belters.
Now, I'm not a huge Pulp fan and Jarvis is OK. However, one of the standout tracks on this album has to be Pulp - A Little Soul. Even just to hear Jarvis' answer phone message at the beginning of the track cracks me up. This is also the point where the album moves up a gear from being simply excellent to otherworldly. The Cornu track - Youpi - has me screaming along with the "Youpi!" parts. (You'll know what I mean if you've heard it). Also, the Mogwai remix of Tracy is just sublime.
If you like Air, K&D, Tosca, Boards of Canada, Swayzak, Fila Bazillia, Amon Tobin.......then this is a MUST.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmm.... Loco, 4 Mar 2005
When people throw around the terms "ambient" or "chill-out" I`m pretty wary. What they`re often referring to is a compilation of anonymous tracks that undulate from the premise that the listener should be unaware of the music and individual tracks. This can lead to pretty inoffensive and forgettable music. Correct me if I`m wrong but music is all about human emotion, at least thats the idea, right??
Having just discovered this album I`m happy to say it definitely occupies other ground and pulses with emotion. "Jesus Life for Children Under" has a starting point and a finish. The music is never overstated and yet never distant. Kid Loco brings something unbelievably personal and familiar to the listener through this album. It`s both sad and sexy, quietly violent while seductively gentle and tender. The opening track "Viaduct" is perfectly placed to capture your attention with its sultry vocal before KL grabs your hand and plunges into a deep and warm pool of music and emotion he has crafted. KL alternates between trip-hop, orchestral tracks overlayed with pianos, and quiet samples and scratching. The vocals are regular but always understated with the highlight definitely being Pulp`s terrific "Little Soul" and Jarvis`s beautifully lazy lyrics. From here we`re on a livelier journey all the way to the end. "Youpi" pops its deranged little head up toward the end to let you know you`ve been listening to something a bit special!
I really love this album and I can only comment on the music I`ve listened to - so if you want to listen to good ambient music try Brian Eno and if you want to chill-out in style pickup the KLF`s "Chill Out". But if you`re looking for something new and you can listen to without effort but be fully engaged by, stick some money in the back pocket of Kid Loco by buying this one. He deserves it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars How good?, 1 Feb 2001
By A Customer
Okay, I bought this album last year for a small fortune and am shocked by the price of it here! This album is too good. Chill out to it, have it as ambient music, it is music that makes you really feel it. Kid Loco is a modern day musical genius, wnd this showcases his talents in a varied sphere. Not sure about blowing your cash? Don't worry, best aural investment you'll make this year. Do it now.

5.0 out of 5 stars utterly addictive, 24 Mar 2000
brixtonite "brixtonite" (Brixton, London,England) - See all my reviews
I bought this CD after the rave review in London's Metro free newspaper then forgot about it. Then my computer at work got upgraded so I could actually listen to CD's while I work. Brought in a pile of CDs from home then WOW! This is the CD I'm playing every day. It's cool , it's stylish,it's the best ambient album I've heard in ages, (far better than William Orbit Pieces in a Modern Style) wonderful moody mixes of really good tracks. URIEL You Who Are Reading Me Now TALVIN SINGH Traveller are beyond exceptional and there are some really good remixes of St Etienne and Pulp Enjoy!