Format: Audio CD|Change

on 4 February 2000
This album is probably over-hyped but it definitely grows on you. The singles are far superior than the rest of the album. But good on them!
on 8 January 2000
What a dreary album. Tired old indie guitar, with dull whinging lyrics and depressing tunes. No-one bought rubbish like this when it was made by Diesel Park West in the 80's, so why should they bother now? Even worse are the bits where they try to be more "experimental" and merely succeed in sounding like very very bad Radiohead. An album for people who buy their music from supermarkets and petrol stations.
on 16 February 2015
A good CD but one that grows on you the more it is played even so a good purchase
on 24 July 2000
I bought this album on the strength of the superb singles Driftwood and Writing To Reach You, but sadly nothing else on the album comes to within a mile of those songs. Everything is repetitive, slow, boring stuff and is enough to send anyone to sleep. It is massively overrated and doesn't deserve an ounce of the praise it has received. An enormous disappointment.
on 23 November 2015
Perfect.
on 24 November 2000
A collection of straightforward rock songs hardly deserving of the mass adulation it gradually and surprisingly achieved, The Man Who does nevertheless contain a handful of outstanding moments - As You Are is fabulous and a creative high watermark, Turn a convincing rabble-rouser, and the 'hidden' track Blue Flashing Light contains more ballsy gusto than the rest of the LP put together. In hindsight, though, too many of the songs sound half-baked.

Then again, you don't really need me to tell you my opinion of this LP, because you probably already own it anyway...
on 4 December 1999
I have read reviews by fellow music fans slate this CD. 'I'm not sure about the melodies....' that was one, but I love the CD, it is brilliant, some say they don't like it because their friends don't like it, but they should just admit that it is a fantastic album. Fran comes up with some trully amazing lyrics and his guitar playing is trully excellent aswell. The manics and the phonics are good but they are not in the same league as 'Travis'. When I listen to this CD I can just sit back, relax and remember the good times.
on 13 March 2015
Excellent CD and quickly despatched. Many Thanks Rob Morgan
on 24 February 2001
This album was very highly rated (and so it should have been), but it really isn't what I'm looking for. When brought this album (Feb 2000) I think I must been in one of my strange moods.
It is however a good album to listen if I ever get into another strange mood (usaully when I'm bored). But I prefer Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Green Day.
on 27 November 2000
I like rock, but I bought this album because everybody said it was good. But if you're like me, don't buy this slow album. You're always waiting for things to liven up, but it never does