Format: Audio CD|Change

on 26 January 2002
My pleated manchester miniskirt is long gone but my fondness for the Go-Gos lives on. This is their second album and although some of the songs ("Beatnik Beach", "Get Up and Go") are not memorable, there are plenty of strong entries to make up for those weak spots. "Vacation," "This Old Feeling," and "The Way You Dance" are vintage Go-Gos. They have the Spice Girls beat hands down...
on 29 May 2014
The Go-Go's made a huge impact in the US when they first burst onto the music scene in the early 80's.Beauty and the Beat,the bands debut album is a bona fide pop classic,although not as brilliant, Vacation still hits the spot and is/was a worthy successor.I only wish that The Go- Go's could have stuck it around a wee bit longer, instead of calling it a day in 1984,and despite reforming no less then THREE times,they have only released four studio albums,but for me they are the best female pop/rock band of all time.
on 2 December 2010
This GoGos album Vacation seems to get mixed reviews from fans and I have to admit when I first heard it I wasn't as gob smacked as when I heard some of their other releases but this is an album which requires a few listens to appreciate its hidden quality. In my opinion this is a more adventurous album because of the different sounds they introduce and the clever way they use the drums and guitars to produce such unusual beats. I love to listen to music and I'm open minded when it comes to new sounds but no band ever stunned me like the GoGos, I think they are unique and special and I can honestly say I've yet to find a song of theirs I didn't like, unfortunately for me I discovered them too late to see them play live. If you love the GoGos already this album must be added to the collection, its a great album with great imagination, it just needs a few listens to appreciate its hidden quality, give it a chance and you'll be glad you did.
on 5 June 2015
Ok, I may be biased being a big Go- Go-s fan, but seriously ; this album is timeless, and a true classic- Every song is a joy to listen to, and was a very good price from amazon. I was so pleased I could get it on CD- my favourite track has to be Worlds Away- it really is something special.
This somewhat disappointing follow-up to the Go-Go's groundbreaking debut CD Beauty and the Beat contains a few good tracks mixed in with a number of rather unpolished, forgettable songs. The title track is great, vintage Go-Go's, their only easily recognizable track from this release. He's So Strange, We Don't Get Along, I Think It's Me, and This Old Feeling are quite enjoyable, although they lack the real sort of edge the Go-Go's brought to their more successful recordings. Worlds Away is the real gem on the album, featuring a catchy tune with wistful, meaningful lyrics. Then there is the vapid Girl of 100 Lists and annoying Cool Jerk. I know a lot of fans enjoy the song Cool Jerk, but I have always held it in low regard. The rest of the music is energizing yet essentially meaningless. This album seems to have been rushed in an attempt to leapfrog over the amazing success of the group's first album, and many of the songs do little to promote Belinda Carlisle's singing ability; in fact, I think this album largely explains why Belinda had to struggle long and hard to win respect for her singing abilities during her later solo career. It's Everything But Partytime features the line "we're all looking for a good time, but all we get is empty rhyme." Unfortunately, that line applies pretty well to a number of tracks on this album. Vacation is fun, but it is clearly inferior to the other two vintage Go-Go's albums.
on 28 August 2015
As good as the firsty time I heard it on vinyl