5.0 out of 5 stars Captures the show perfectly, 28 Jan. 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: La Nouba (Audio CD)
Unfortunately, I have never had the pleasure of viewing La Nouba live. I did see it on the TV a few weeks ago and it was this TV show that made me determined that I would try my best to see it performed.
The show itself, is unbelievable. Some of the feats performed don't seem to be humanly possible. Or maybe it's just the music that makes it seem this way.
La Nouba is a fusion of colour and urban beats. This is a very diverse offering from the Cirque Du Soleil team, as it combines electronic dance music, with hip hop and the hauntingly powerful female vocals assosiated with La Nouba. Alongside this, voilins cellos and even the electric guitar make an appearance giving you some idea that it is not restrivted to one specific musical style.
The best tracks, in my opinion, are Reve Rouge, Portre and Queens. The first two are generally slower and it's the vocals which attract me. Upon hearing the soundtrack, it's impossible not to imagine these incredibly skilled people soaring through the air on trapeze or using only flimsy cloth as support as the fly over the audience. Queens is slightly faster but still has the piercing vocals.
I believe (but I may be wrong) that La Nouba is quite different to most other Cirque Du Soleil shows because of it's urban edge. If it is, then fans of the other shows soundtracks may not be too swept away with this to begin with because of the hip hop content. For someone who is looking for a CD to capture the imagination and paint a huge picture with the smallest effort, the La Nouba is the one for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars la noubra, 20 Jan. 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: La Nouba (Audio CD)
I was very lucky indeed to be able to see La Nourba at Florida. It was the most wonderful show that my family and I have ever seen. We are going to Florida again this summer and we are going to see it again. The music and stunts are out of this world. We would highly recommend it to everyone. It's funny,sad and very skillful all rolled into one. There is no other show like it. Some of the things that the cast do leave you amazed and wondering if they are possible.
Its wonderful. w

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Feb. 2015
great cd

La Nouba
La Nouba by Cirque Du Soleil (Audio CD - 1999)