5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic-Boyzone have done it again!
Well, it doesn't surprise anyone that this album went straight to the top, least of all me. This album helps you think back to when Boyzone first came out and realise how much they and their style of music has changed. A brilliant album that any fan would love, it's a real credit to the lads.Well Done!!!
Published on 16 Jan 2000

2.0 out of 5 stars didnt look like the real thing!
looked to much like a dodgy copy to me! ive got the real thing and this one def wasnt! was a present for a friend and didnt want to give her this so bought one from a shop instead! rather a pointless purchase!
Published 4 months ago by GEMS

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic-Boyzone have done it again!, 16 Jan 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars Irish quintet very popular in nineties Britain, 3 Feb 2005
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: ...By Request (Audio CD)
Ronan Keating, Stephen Gately, Keith Duffy, Shane Lynch and Mikey Graham together made up Boyzone. Although UK singles charts of the nineties (and since) are much less important than charts from earlier decades (because of the dwindling singles market), Boyzone had an impressive run in the singles charts (every track here made the UK top four - seven made number one and six others made number two) while they were together and they also sold over ten million albums (including this one to me) - so their appeal stretched far beyond singles buyers. I suppose their style of music would best be described as soft rock.
Their hits were a mix of originals and covers, the latter coming from a wide range of sources. The covers include Love me for a reason (Osmonds), Father and son (Cat Stevens), Words (Bee Gees), Baby can I hold you (Tracy Chapman), When the going gets tough (Billy Ocean) and You needed me (Anne Murray). When you say nothing at all (originally recorded by country singer Keith Whitley but made more famous by bluegrass singer Alison Krauss) is actually a Ronan Keating solo track. The opening track, I love the way you love me, also began as a country song, being co-written by Victoria Shaw who has written songs for Garth Brooks among others. The members of Boyzone wrote some of their own songs including Picture of you, Isn't it a wonder, A different beat, So good, Coming home now and Key to my life.
At around the time this compilation was originally released, Ronan Keating went solo and the group disbanded. Ronan has been very successful as a solo singer and his solo greatest hits album (which also includes When you say nothing at all) was a big seller in the UK when released in time for Christmas 2004. The music on this compilation is the best of what he and the others did before he went solo.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars, 28 Sep 2003
This review is from: ...By Request (Audio CD)
Firstly I must say that I have been a Boyzone fan since I was 12, and listening to Boyzone's greatest hits album takes me back to that time, going to concerts with my best friends and screaming our hearts out at Ronan, Stephen, Keith, Shane and Mikey. At the time of release it was repeatly stated that the group were not going to split up and this was a their greatest hits "part one", but as we all know this is the last album the group were to release together.
All the hits are here, from the first UK single "Love me for a reason" from 1994 right up to "You needed me" which hit the No.1 spot in 1999, and famously outsold Geri Halliwell's debut solo single. The album starts with, in my opinion, Boyzone's best single "I love the way you love me" one of many cover versions, the track first appeared on "Where we belong" the groups last studio album, and reached no.2 in November 1998.
Other hightlights include "No matter what", taken from the Andrew Lloyd Webber musical "Whistle down the wind", "A Different Beat", "Father and Son" and Ronan Keating's debut solo single "When you say nothing at all". Also featured is three new tracks which first appeared on the American release of "Where we belong". "All the time in the world" is not bad, it's a bit bland in comparison with the other ballads on this album. "I'll never not need you" is one of my favourites as it's more uptempo and a great pop track. "So they told me" is a more RnB track and is very different to anything Boyzone have ever done before.
All in all a great album and well worth buying if you don't own a Boyzone album.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good summary of six very successful years, 3 Jan 2000
This review is from: ...By Request (Audio CD)
This album shows how successful the boyz are and how far they have come in their six years. It features best-sellers such as No Matter What and Father and Son but also the great songs that did not quite make it to no.1 like the amazing cover of Tracy Chapman's Baby Can I Hold You. A brilliant album

5.0 out of 5 stars boyzone are the kings of pop, 6 Nov 1999
This review is from: ...By Request (Audio CD)
A great album with a song for everyone. It really shows how boyzone have progressed, however fans from the beginning will relate more to the earlier songs. Songs which stick out include "No matter what" "Words" " I love the way you love me" and for I personally like ronan's solo track "when you say nothing at all". A great album with three new songs and a lot of memories. Here's to the next greatest hits album!

2.0 out of 5 stars didnt look like the real thing!, 25 Nov 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars brillant, 20 May 2013
This review is from: ...By Request (Audio CD)
very good for value very pleased how quick the cd arrived will give pleanty of enjoyment . just very pleased with the product

5.0 out of 5 stars great cd, 30 Mar 2013
This review is from: ...By Request (Audio CD)
wud recommend buying this cd great for listening to i listening to it while i was away on holiday fanantastic

5.0 out of 5 stars boyzone by request, 4 Sep 2011
This review is from: ...By Request (Audio CD)
cheaper for buying at amazon and good service from seller...this is the path to find out some albums that really want to have next time definitely...

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh pleeeese, 2 Jan 2011
A. Richards "FilmFan" (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ...By Request (Audio CD)
Pass me a bucket.... The best album / band in the world. Give me a break and some perspective. Unoriginal boytripe, mostly sickly covers of other artist's songs.

Yep, I don't doubt they can sing and look pretty, (shouldn't that be the other way around?) but ground breaking stuff this is not.

ARRAY(0x10472fd8)

...By Request
...By Request by Boyzone (Audio CD - 1999)