5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational and uplifting
I am Buddhist and follow Tibetan Buddhism, I like to meditate on a regular basis and often use this album, I use the third track as it features Tibetan monks chanting without the musical accompaniment.

Published on 23 Feb. 2010 by T. Maher

1.0 out of 5 stars dissapointing
Published on 1 Nov. 2008 by barrington

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational and uplifting, 23 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Tibetan Incantations: The Meditative Sound of Buddhist Chants (Audio CD)

Om Mani Padme Hum is one of the mantras that I regularly chant and I find the third track on this CD almost hypnotic, I start my meditation by chanting along with it and gradually find my voice trailing off and my brain just focuses on the melodic voices of the Tibetan monks.

I can't get on with listening to music for meditation, I tend to prefer natural sounds and the voices on here are perfect for meditation. I would recommend this CD to anyone who has an interest in chanting or meditation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Om mani pad me hum!, 24 April 2011
This review is from: Tibetan Incantation (Audio CD)
I really only purchased this cd after hearing (and becoming hooked) on the 'om mani pad me hum' track (track 1).

The other 2 tracks were o.k. The other version of 'om mani pad me hum' (track 3) was nice and sounds authentic, like something you would literally hear being chanted in a temple in Tibet or India. Although, I personally did not find this as listenable or uplifting as the first 'om mani pad me hum' track.

Overall this is a good cd with 3 long and enjoyable tracks, track 2 does sound more Chinese in style and instrument, but nonetheless is still catchy and uplifting. A nice cd to add to any 'spiritual' music collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tibetan Incantations, 27 Jun. 2004
By A Customer
I too purchased this CD when in Nepal. It is hauntingly beautiful, while being peaceful and soothing. I'm so pleased I got mine, and I would strongly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Melodic Masterpiece, 26 Mar. 2004
Ian Oliver (Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I was in Nepal last autumn as part of a short Buddhist pilgrimage. Within minutes of exploring the narrow, winding streets of Kathmandu I heard this wonderful music - it seemed to issue from all the shops. The repetitive, haunting chant, lifts the spirit, and you find yourself mysteriously chanting along - I could not help myself - it is an incredible, beautiful experience!!!!
Ian

5.0 out of 5 stars Om Mani Padme Hum, 14 April 2006
I first herd this CD during my Reiki attunement. My Yoga teacher also uses this as background music during the class and for relaxation. It is perfect for both as being a chant it is meditative and soon you can see the temples and monks in your minds eye. In my opinion this music has the very essence of Buddhism .

5.0 out of 5 stars As Heady as Incense, 9 April 2004
Ian Oliver (Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Kathmandu in autumn, the heady aroma of frankinsence wafting about the narrow streets, and then the haunting tones of Om Mani Padme Hum . . . this was my experience on hearing this delightful music in Nepal last year (2003). Cannot praise this magical, mystical CD high enough . . . truly awe-inspiring . . .

5.0 out of 5 stars ballads of the mountains, 9 Jan. 2005
This is a CD full of emotive tones and hugely introspective melodies. It is at once both stirring and pensive. I first heard it in a Tibetan shop on the roadside. As I walked into the cool shade, sheltering from the Indian sun, I stood entranced by the mystical incantations. For me, they evoke images of high monasteries in the Tibetan Himalayas, open plateaus and the spiritual elevation of the city of Lhasa. Very Tibetan, very spiritual, and a very beautiful CD.

1.0 out of 5 stars dissapointing, 1 Nov. 2008
i have visited tibetan buddhist monastries and listened to the awesome and magical chanting of the monks. with this cd i was hoping to re-create that atmosphere. instead what i got was an over-produced, sanitised and sythetic version - singing instead of chanting, with a background of music played on chinese instruments. nice in its own way but not for me. very dissapointing!

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect meditation, 6 Feb. 2011
V. C. Lee "VC bookworm" (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
While it took me a little while to get use to the style of using Chinese music under the chants, I now use this CD regularly when I want to meditate or just as a relaxing background. This CD is perfect to relieve stress and release all the negative energy that is being carried around. I especially like meditating to the first track Om Mani Padme Hum - the repetitive nature of the chant relieves you of your awareness of the presence and frees your mind to meditate without concept. I just hope my neighbours don't object to hearing me chant until I loose myself in the meditation!

This may not be to everyone's taste and all I can really say is that I highly recommend this CD and have had it for a number of years now and never tire of listening to it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Tibetan Incantations, 3 Mar. 2014
I was disappointed with thus purchase. This was not authentic sounding tibetan music - sounded 'westernised'. It would be helpful if there was the facility to listen to a sample before purchasing the CD.

Tibetan Incantations: The Meditative Sound of Buddhist Chants
Click for more info
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available