Format: Audio CD|Change

on 24 February 2015
Great
on 19 March 2000
Not as good as "dig your own hole" and "exit planet dust" but still bloody brilliant. The first two songs are brilliant along with "hey boy, hey Girl" and "let forever be" but the rest isnt brilliant but average and some of it does drone on a bit, i still think that it is brilliant mind.
on 23 January 2000
If you're a fan of the chems then it's worth getting for collections sake.The tracks jump from the sublime to the pond slime,culminating in a creditable but not genious album.So if you don't mind using the "skip track" button to move swiftly past the fillers its the one for you.
on 13 March 2000
I just love this album, it really grows on you, from the funky big beat Hey Boy Hey Girl to the more mellow Dream On, There really are no dud tracks, there's a bit of everything but it still works as an overall album I've told you once but I'll tell you again BUY IT NOW OR ELSE
on 10 November 2000
While being a good album it still is too mainstream for my liking the only track I really listen to a lot is "Sunshine Underground" which is just such a nice track to listen to it.
A worthwhile purchase for any Chemicals fan
on 16 April 2000
Don't get me wrong this album is good, but not as good as it should be. The album "Dig Your Own Hole" was and still is a masterpiece, which makes SURRENDER a little bland because it doesn't progress that much from the latter. If the Chems had made the album a little darker and not as mainstream, then they would have another gem. The album flows smoothly and grows on you, and has some memerable tunes to strut your stuff to, but is overshaddowed by Dig Your Own Hole.
on 12 January 2000
First 3 tracks are undoubtedly class, and some of the others like 'Let Forever Be', 'Got Glint', and 'Dream On' are pretty good. This is NOT the album of the year. It's got duff tracks like 'The Sunshine Underground' and 'Asleep from Day' which to be honest just bore me to death. I'd recommend this if you like the Chemicals other stuff though, and is probably worth having in your collection. A mixture.
on 11 November 2001
The first time I heard "Dig Your Own Hole" I HATED it! It was hard-as-nails noise and it just gave me a headache. However, as with all great albums it took a while to grow on me and I now regard it as one of the best dance albums ever...
that was then, this is now...
The first time I heard "Surrender" I HATED it. And, I'm sorry to say that this time it didn't grow on me. What went wrong? The Chems practically invented big-beat and now seem so ashamed of it that they went out of their way to change their sound - result? They sound BLAND!!??
"Hey Boy Hey Girl" is a guaranteed dancefloor filler (and I know because I've played it enough times) however I still think it's without doubt the worst single by them yet. It's just so damned cheesy - if they're taking the p**s then I'm sorry but I don't get the joke... "Let Forever Be" is ok, but it sounds like Noel G telephoned his vocal in.
There are a few decent tracks - "Out Of Control" is brilliant though hardly original, "The Sunshine Underground" is a nice little epic. Ditto "Got Glint?" The title track "Surrender" has summat too...
The rest...? Sorry, but it leaves me cold. I've played this album a lot over the last two years but it's never got me. Here's hoping the forthcoming album is better...
on 26 March 2000
'Music:Response' and 'Hey boy' show the quality that Tom and Ed can deliver, but these dance tracks are the stand-out in a poor excuse for trying to mix rock with electronic. It's been done B4, and hopefully the Chem's inability will stop anyone else from having a go. Block-Rocking Beats it ain't
on 24 October 2004
This is a great album and one of my favourites in my CD collection.
Music: Response - this song gets a bit tedious after about 3 minutes, but it has a catchy rhythm.
Influenced - Personally don't like this song, as I think it's extremely boring, the worst song on the album. It just seems to drag on for the entire 4 mins or so and so now I just don't bother listening to it!
Out of Control - Fantastic song, one of my favs on this album. It has a really catchy bass line which I found myself humming for days afterwards after the first time I heard it. The vocals could have been better though...
Orange Wedge - Again, a great song, with a catchy rhythm, especially the intro. The song varies throughout and doesn't get boring at all, another one of my favourites.
Let forever be - Another good song with a good intro and a fantastic bass line, again very catchy, the lyrics go well with it as well.
The Sunshine Underground - Some say this is the best song on the album? I personally disagree, but we each have our own opinions, I think it just drags on and on.
Asleep from Day - A calm song, with good lyrics, a good song if you like the slow quiet type songs as well, which I do.
Got Glint? - Great intro with a good rhythm throughout. Bass line is progressive and catchy.
Hey Boy, Hey Girl - This was the first ever song I heard by the Chemical Brothers, and this is what persuaded me to buy one their albums, so it is fair to say I think this is a great song!
Racing the Tide - This is another great song, another one of my favourites from this album. Throughout the song, there is the feeling of progression with good drum riffs and bass lines.
Dream On - Not a bad song, but not as good as some of the others. Vocals blend in well into the background, but the song does drag on a bit.
Overall, this is a fantastic album and I would reccommend it to anybody, wether they are current Chemical Brothers fans or just want to listen to some of their stuff!