5.0 out of 5 stars Jump Jive and Swing
Published on 18 Oct 2009 by Jennifer Doran-McNeill

1.0 out of 5 stars Jump, Jived and Stung
One thing not mentioned in the other reviews is that no track on this CD is older than the 1990's...hence some pretty souless over production. My advice is, if you like 50's swing buy something recorded in the 50's. Not this. That said, if you like music by, say, Jools Holland, you'll probably love this. It just ain't my scene!
Published on 11 Jun 2010 by JD

5.0 out of 5 stars Jump Jive and Swing, 18 Oct 2009
This review is from: Jump Jive and Swing (Audio CD)
I have to say, I have owned this CD for a number of years now and it has won a place as one of my all time favourites. It has a permanent place on my mp3 player and no matter how bad a mood I am in, this jumping beat rhythm music can all ways pick me right up. Fantastic music for dancing, with excellent new recordings of old classics and quite a few tracks that make everyone say - "I haven't heard this one before - can I have a copy?" It's well worth the money and I would advise anyone to buy it. Especially those who aren't an aficionado of this music scene. It's a fantastic introduction, and a superb collection of music.

4.0 out of 5 stars It does what it says on the label, 16 Sep 2009
John R. Woolmore (Essex UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jump Jive and Swing (Audio CD)
If you are like me into swing/jazz/blues/rocknroll crossover from the early fifties then this is a great CD for you. It starts Ok (hence 4 stars) but improves as you progress through the album. It jumps, jives and swings along. Whether it is suitable unadulterated for parties I'm not sure as the tracks begin to merge after awhile but each track stands alone so great for a compilation playlist.
If you are a swing afficiniado the rhythms are all danceable - great for Ceroc or Le Roc practioners too.
I would have liked more bluesy tracks but there are other CDs out there for this - Joe Turner for instance.

1.0 out of 5 stars Jump, Jived and Stung, 11 Jun 2010
JD "Rockin' Jim" (Bristol United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the ticket!, 29 Mar 2014
L. Prosper (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jump Jive and Swing (Audio CD)
This has great tunes put together in a great collection! Really enjoyed listening to this. Will look out for the sequel!

5.0 out of 5 stars swing, 16 Nov 2010
This review is from: Jump Jive and Swing (Audio CD)
great great as you can see i like this album. One track stands out thats wise up baby. buy this album and dance

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Sep 2014
great item Just what I wanted and as described

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dance music, 4 Sep 2013
GOG "Grumpy" (Milton Keynes, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jump Jive and Swing (Audio CD)
My wife and I are learning to jive and I bought this as I thought we could use it for practice and I am so glad I did. Fabulous music and some great performances, especially by Ray Gelato.It is not only great for dancing, but good for lifting the spirits too. I defy anyone to listen to this and feel miserable. My feet were tapping within the first few bars of track one.Is there a volume two? If not, there should be. Thoroughly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Oct 2014
Great music

5.0 out of 5 stars all jive aces cds are brilliant., 11 July 2014
This review is from: Jump Jive and Swing (Audio CD)
What csn i say.all jive aces cds are brilliant.

Jump Jive and Swing
Jump Jive and Swing by Various Artists (Audio CD - 1999)