5.0 out of 5 stars a must have
Published on 30 Dec. 2003 by Sam D

2.0 out of 5 stars Only average for me
I love soul and rnb musiq, but have to disagree with the majority of reviewers on this particular album which overall is bland and tiresome to listen to in one sitting. Check out any of Rahsaan Patterson's albums to listen to how it should be done.
Published on 1 Oct. 2005

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars a must have, 30 Dec. 2003
This review is from: Where I Wanna Be (Audio CD)
when i first heard Donell it was in 1999 when he released the smash hit "U know what up" which broke into every night club standing. Since then i have bought all three CD's and i can proudly say that this is the best rnb album i have amongst many. This album is full of one great song after another and whatever situation your in, its sure to lift your head high. What im really trying to say is that if your an rnb fan then this is the choice for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 19 Dec. 2003
This review is from: Where I Wanna Be (Audio CD)
Quite simply, this album is a piece of art. It is feel good, has serious undertones, and fantastic lyrics. Particularly addictive are Shorty (Got Her Eyes On Me), All her Love, This Luv, Have You Seen Her, ok so all of them are great!
Musically speaking, the interplay between the lyrics and instrumentals are sublime. The tracks have been constructed such that you can hear something different every time. Trust me, you will never get bored of this timeless album. Definitely not a disappointment

5.0 out of 5 stars R&B meets Soul with fantastic results!, 30 May 2000
This review is from: Where I Wanna Be (Audio CD)
If you are a fan of such artists as D'Angelo and Maxwell then be prepared to have similar sensuos lyrics matched with a funky upbeat rhythm. This album has it all for people with real musical taste. Whether it's a party with some friends or a late night in with a partner this album supplies a variety of toe-tappers and slow melodic tunes. 'Shorty' is a definite classic and 'When I Was Down' will get you moving on the dancefloor. It is hard to find a fault with an album which has shades of Al Green and boasts at least 10 possible singles. The hit 'U Know What's Up' typifies the albums ability to make you think the first time you hear a song it has been around forever. A sign of pure genius. Buy it! Trust me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Where u wanna be, 17 Feb. 2001
This review is from: Where I Wanna Be (Audio CD)
Brilliant! similar to a lot of satisfied owners of this album, i own it because of 'u know what's up'. having said that, it's r'n'b at its absolute best! it is a reaffirmation of donell jones' musical style - see his first album 'my heart' - soulful, yet upbeat. an absolute masterpiece. BONUS: you know those times when you 'think it' but just can't 'say it', well, put this on - skip one and thirteen, save for when things are happy again - and relax. oh! i'm dancing to one of the songs at my wedding, get the album and guess which... absolute masterpiece!

5.0 out of 5 stars One Of The Best Male R&B Singers EVER!, 5 Sept. 2005
This review is from: Where I Wanna Be (Audio CD)
After moving all my stuff out my room while decorating i came across this CD which i thought i lost i'm so glad i never i played it last week and it hasnt left my CD player since. Donell Jones is one of those rare singer's that can bring the beats as well at the meaningful lyrics. My first encounter with Mr. Jones was back in '97 and i went to a friends house her sister had his 1st album "My Heart" as soon as i heard "Knocks Me Off My Feet" i was convinced he was a singer to pay attention to. He did turn heads at the release of this album in 1999 with his worldwide smash hit "U Know What's Up" with the late and great Left Eye he won critical acclaim and even reached Platinum status in the US. I feel that it's his more minor hits that sold me the album the brilliant lead single "Shorty (Got Her Eyes On Me)", The honest title track "Where I Wanna Be" and the last single the sexy "This Luv". There is alot of highlights on this album most notably the R.Kelly-like "Think About It (Don't Call My Crib)" and the rocky "When I Was Down" and my personal favourite "He Won't Hurt You" even the D'Angelo-esque groove of "Pushin'" will make you tap your foot!. This album is already 6 years old and it still seems as fresh as it was way back in 99 if you don't own it yet i think you should invest in this
Top 5
1.He Wont Hurt You
2.Shorty (Got Her Eyes On Me
3.Have You Seen Her?
4.This Luv
5.Think About It (Don't Call My Crib)/It's Alright
If i could give this album 1000 stars would, in my opinion this is one of the best REAL R&B album's of the late ninties!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have cd, 6 Jan. 2002
This review is from: Where I Wanna Be (Audio CD)
Believe me this is one R&B masterpiece, from the first track(U know what's up) till the last track. You will end up listening it every now and then, 'coz it tells what you're going through, and teaches you how to handle the situation. It works!!!! U gotta have it!

5.0 out of 5 stars R&B/Soul at it's best, 6 April 2009
Ms. A. Aka-bashorun "Lightning" (Plaistow, London, England) - See all my reviews
What can I say about this Fellow? Each & every one of his Songs have
meaning to them, & it is a rare case that I stumble upon any bad Song he
has made. Why he is not in the high position in R&B/Soul Industry remains
to be seen. From Shorty (Got Her Eyes On Me), Think About It (Don't Call
My Crib), He Won't Hurt You, to Where I Wanna Be, this LP has Songs for
those that appreciate love Music.
This was 1999!

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAAAAZIN, 23 Dec. 2004
This review is from: Where I Wanna Be (Audio CD)
What an album, there is not a song on this album which is not good. Every song has a different meanin and if you are into the soul and the RnB you will love this album. This is the best album from Donnell, if you have any of his other albums, get this one. I recommend this album. "Have you seen her" and "All her love" are the best songs. The rest are all great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it!, 23 July 2000
This review is from: Where I Wanna Be (Audio CD)
This surely proves that Donnel Jones is the king of r'n'b. I bought this album after falling in love with "U know whats up", but I didn't really know what to expect. Donnel didn't disappoint. A brilllient blend of r'n'b and soul, mixed together to form a tremendous album!

4.0 out of 5 stars a must have, 6 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Where I Wanna Be (Audio CD)
if you think you have got soul in you and have"nt got this album, then think again and get out there and get one its a must. Its as good as ....dennis taylor ie ALBUM called unconditional this is a must if you have a bad day at work get home put the albums on and chill out.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Where I Wanna Be
Where I Wanna Be by Donell Jones (Audio CD - 2003)