Format: Audio CD|Change

on 9 September 2012
This review is for: 12" Collection & More (Cameo)
This CD has all the tracks I would expect to find and more. Usually on these compilations there are one or two tracks missing, but there is nothing missing from the main hits here. Because this is a U.S. CD it has the Mark Berry Club Mix of "She's Strange" which was a 12" B-Side in the UK, but a 12" A-Side in America. I prefer the mix we had as an A-Side in the UK personally, but this is directed at an American audience. "Candy" says it is the 12" UK mix, but we actually had the album version as our 12" mix. This is the U.S. 12" mix mixed by Cameo's own Larry Blackmon, which was actually the 12" B-Side in the UK and called "Candy (Remix)", it's a really good mix. In fact all the mixes here are great and classics from their era. Regardless of what these mixes say, you get the 12" mixes of "Worp Up", "Single Life", "Back And Forth", "Candy", "Attack Me With Your Love" and "She's Strange (Club Mix)" which are the main big hitters (and this is from a time when the 12" mix was a longer version of the song not some abstract unrelated instrumental with the title line repeated as you often get nowadays). Then also included is the excellent "Room 123" (rap version of "She's Strange") which I love, plus some early 12" mixes. I can't fault this, it is perfect and the sound quality is also superb.

Also great in this series is: The Gap Band 12" Collection & More which I also review and may appeal to people reading this review.
on 19 April 2013
Bought this for my husband who is really pleased with this collection.
The music transports you back to younger days and makes you happy and energised.
Further purchases bought on the strength of ths cd.
on 12 July 2013
This is a great collection. No glaring omissions and the cd sounds great.
Wonderful 12" collection of an innovative funky group, with a very distinctive personality all of their own. Some tracks are more traditional funk, but others have an 80's new wave/rock touch..to great effect. Cameo continue to stand tall, in a league all of their own. Recommended listening pleasure :)