4.0 out of 5 stars The best of Rod Stewarts later releases
This is a bit of a peculiar album. It includes almost all of Stewart's best-known songs from the late seventies and about ten years ahead (it was released in 1989), including "Sailing", "Baby Jane", "Tonight's The Night" etc.
Published on 14 Feb 2003 by Docendo Discimus

3.0 out of 5 stars Best of Rod Stewart
Good selection of Rod's music,but I thought the quality of the recording was poor,also it came unwrapped. I would rather have paid more for a better recording
Published 7 months ago by hazel

4.0 out of 5 stars The best of Rod Stewarts later releases, 14 Feb 2003
Docendo Discimus (Vita scholae) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Best of Rod Stewart (Audio CD)
Yet with the exception of "Maggie May" from "Every Picture Tells A Story" (1971), it doesn't touch upon Rod Stewart's early seventies releases at all. And unless you can honestly say that you prefer the pink-clad 1980s version of Stewart, "Da Ya Think I'm Sexy" and all, that means that this album misses out on Rod Stewart's very best period as a singer, as a songwriter and as an interpreter of songs.
I'm giving it four stars anyway, as you can see, and I actually have it myself, because it compliments Stewart's first five fabulous albums very well. I have all of those five, but I wouldn't spend a dime on any of his 80s let's-go-with-the-flow-and-give-the-people-what-they-want-even-if-that-means-this-incredibly-lame-disco-stuff-albums.
He did make a few good songs in the 80s, though, when he wasn't too busy catering to the pop crowd, and this is a good place to find those songs. Go get Rod's first five solo albums, this collection, and stay far, far away from horrors like "Blondes Have More Fun", "Footloose And Fancy Free" and "Foolish Behaviour".

5.0 out of 5 stars a bit of nostalgia, 11 July 2009
This review is from: Best of Rod Stewart (Audio CD)
This CD is brilliant !! It has all the best songs I think Rod Stewart ever did and I am not an avid fan of his. Most of the songs were from my youth and have really good memories. Excellent choice !!

5.0 out of 5 stars 'ONE OF THE MOST SUCCESSFUL NAMES IN 'POP' OF ALL-TIME', 31 Mar 2014
rbmusicman (U.K) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Best of Rod Stewart (Audio CD)
'Rod Stewart' has had a glittering career, in the sixties achieving a string of hits
with the 'Faces' and from the early seventies as a solo artist.
There are dozens of 'The Best Of' releases out there to choose from, which in
truth reflects the demand for 'Rod's' material down the years.
This album has just 16 of his best known tracks on-board, I guess if you only
want a sample of 'Rod's' collection to listen too, this is not a bad place to start.
I myself have owned this album since it's release, I do have one or two more.
'Rod' kicked off his solo career back in 71' with the smash hit 'Maggie May' the
'B-Side(not on this disc, is one of my favourites) that being 'Reason To Believe'
Down the years 'Rod' achieved forty-six Top 30 entries, twenty eight of which
reached the Top Ten which included six number ones, those being 'Maggie May'
'You Wear it Well' 'First Cut is The deepest/ I Don't Want to Talk About It' a
Double 'A-Side. 'Sailing' 'Da Ya Think I'm Sexy' and 'Baby Jane'
Some of the other great songs on-board include...'This Old Heart of Mine' 'You're
in My Heart' 'The Killing of Georgie (part 1 and 2) and 'Tonight's The Night'
Just some of the other great tracks to enjoy.
'Rod Stewart' with his distinctive vocals has been a favourite for many down the
years, of course he's still both recording and performing.
Other than this worthy addition to my collection, I'd have to say his more recent
release 'Storyteller' has a more comprehensive cover of his best known songs
including those from his 'Faces' days. (reviewed it around 12 months ago)
'A' release, '

4.0 out of 5 stars The Best Of Rod, 16 Sep 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Best of Rod Stewart (Audio CD)
Well worth having if, like me, you like to have plenty of compilations and greatest hits-type releases in you collection. All the expected hits are present and correct, from Maggie May through to Downtown Train, and my personal favourite The Killing Of Georgie Parts I & II has never sounded so good. No less than 11 of the 16 tracks here were partially or totally written by the man himself and so many memories abound from these songs it's untrue. All in all, a fine collection and a great introduction for the non-fan who wants to know what the fuss is all about. Complement this by tracking down the Lead Vocalist and Unplugged...and Seated albums too, and you can't really go wrong.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rod can still Rock!!, 13 July 2005
This review is from: Best of Rod Stewart (Audio CD)
I bought this for my wife and must admit that I used to tap my foot to it as a youngster when my dad was loudly playing it through the house on his multi-cd player.
Nowadays, this is still a great album with plenty of tracks that you can't help but enjoy and somehow still has that appeal to it that a lot of artists albums lose nowadays within the first couple of months. I don't know what it is about Rod but he just has that buzz to him that attracts such a wide audience, especially six foot blond haired ladies but I don't think that is just about the music do you? Would recommend that this is part of your CD collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rod Stewart's best collection, 15 Feb 2007
This cd is first rate - the best Rod Stewart recording I have heard and,

in my opinion,the one he will be remembered for most as the years go by.

Glorious lyrics,glorious singing by a man with one of the best sounding and memorable voices in the history of music.Don't listen to the critics -

they just envy him for all the beautiful women he dates!

4.0 out of 5 stars Best of Rod Stewart, 26 Feb 2009
This review is from: Best of Rod Stewart (Audio CD)
I would recommend this CD to anyone looking for a collection of Rod's best singles. There isn't track on it that I skip when playing it in the car.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 13 July 2014
This review is from: Best of Rod Stewart (Audio CD)
Nice music. It takes me back to the old music again but then again I am an oldie

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 July 2014
good c/d

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of Rod Stewart, 15 May 2014
W. G. Scarr "Wal Scarr" (Solihull, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Best of Rod Stewart (Audio CD)
I am a Rod Stewart fan from the 70's, this CD for me really is the best of Rod Stewart, perfect.

Best of Rod Stewart
Best of Rod Stewart by Rod Stewart (Audio CD - 1989)