5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
Both me and my son think this is an excellent game. It has kept us amused for hours. Just when you think you have found all you can know, you discover another alleyway, health pack or weapon. My son is more adventurous than me and kills goodies as well as baddies to obtain items instead of having to talk to them. Overall still the best game we have found.
Published on 13 Sep 2003 by oneilphilip

3.0 out of 5 stars I went to the Dark side and all I got was this awesome game
Published on 1 Sep 2011 by JB87

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 Sep 2003

4.0 out of 5 stars If You Love The Film, Get This, 31 July 2012
This review is from: Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (PS) (Video Game)
I got this game around October of 1999. Like a lot of children back then, I was Star Wars (Episode 1) Mad, so with that in mind, it was really only a matter of time before I got this.

The plot of the game is very similar to the film. You control the characters of Obi Wan Kenobi (primarily), Qui Gon Jinn (the Tatooine segment), Captain Panaka (on Courescant) and Queen Amidala (during the Final Battle segment). Each of these characters have different characteristics and abilities - all I can say is, they are very faithful to the film, and so is the game, too... mostly.

In terms of the graphics, they are very dated now, but not bad for a PS1 title. I really have seen worse than this. Plus, as the levels progress, each environment looks and feels like the film's counterpart... so the developers did well there.

I also really commend the sound/audio of this game because it is beat-near perfect and exactly like that of the film. The developers must have worked closely with Lucas's team for the film - there is not a sound out of place and the soundtrack to the game is taken directly from the film, which is excellent.

There are some flaws though:

-Characters. For the most part, the characters are good and look just like their film counterparts. However, they are not voiced by the same actors ie. Neeson does not voice Qui Gon and McGregor does not voice Obi Wan etc. Instead, you have soundalike actors (you naturally did back then, anyhow.), who actually do a very good job, I must say. For some of you though, this will/may be annoying.

- Difficulty. Some reviewers feel that this game is for kids. Personally, no disrespect intended, I disagree. The game is actually very difficult, and you cannot switch difficulty levels, which was the killer for me, both back in the day and even now (because I bought this game again off here).

Overall though, this game is very good. I would say that if you love the film, then get this because it is very faithful to it and you really won't go wrong.

Buy it and Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 3 Jun 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (PS) (Video Game)
Definitely the best game i've played recently. The graphics may not the best ever but the way in which you are forced to use your brain as well as purely blast things to pieces makes it well worth buying!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent game, 16 Dec 2000
This review is from: Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (PS) (Video Game)
a great game for young and old alike.my 8 year old son had so much fun with this and my husband came close to tears laughing at him.a well apportioned game for all ages!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 27 Aug 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (PS) (Video Game)
I used to play this game when i had a ps1, by todays standards its not that good but it is easy 2 play and good fun.

3.0 out of 5 stars I went to the Dark side and all I got was this awesome game, 1 Sep 2011
This review is from: Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (PS) (Video Game)
In a galaxy, far far away, they made this game. It shows with it's dodgy graphics and wooden dialogue but that should be ignored for the fun it brought me and my sister. Admittedly, this was in the days of early-day-PS2 but it was still enjoyable at the time. It can be frustrating at times, as the characters are clumsy and don't move freely at times, a far cry from the likes of Grand Theft Auto IV and Assassins Creed. A game for kids, Star Wars fans and someone who wants a chuckle and time on their hands. Hardcore gamers might want to steer clear though..

5.0 out of 5 stars Use the force, 12 Nov 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (PS) (Video Game)
My brother loved this game, as it was for the defunked ps1, which he played for the now defunked ps2 and sadly wore his jedi dress up whilst playing it even though he's 28 years old very sad if you ask me.

5.0 out of 5 stars STAR WARS, 4 Aug 2014
This review is from: Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (PS) (Video Game)
I'm 20 years old and I bought a ps1 with star wars brings back childhood memories love this game and its depressing cause you get stuck on different mission but I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, 17 Oct 2009
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (PS) (Video Game)
this game is great. i would reccomend this to anyone. I got it very quickly in the post and was not dissapointed at what I got. as I say in my title, Great game.

5.0 out of 5 stars nostalgia, 30 Sep 2014
This review is from: Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (PS) (Video Game)
Childhood nostalgia for me here, like with the majority of ps1 games it has stiff controls that take a moment or two to, re-get used to.

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (PS)