Format: Audio CD|Change

on 6 December 1999
This was recommended by a friend, as his favourite albumn of the moment, which he listens to over and over at work. I borrowed it and found myself working on the PC with it on constantly. It starts with 'Protection' and that pretty much sets the mood, with slight overlaps with techno and funky soul. There are some bland tracks, but these in fact blend the package together nicely. Now I'm just buying it for myself (and my sister for Christmas).
on 20 December 1999
Can't stop listening to it since I bought it (months ago). Far better than its new sibling Chill out Album 2. Slots perfectly into any one's music collection and i mean ANY ONE's.
on 10 July 2000
As an impulse purchase, i was delighted by the immense quality spanning across both cds -- so much so that i have since bought 5 of the artists albums, and counting. Almost every track is an anthem of the respective artist - amazing stuff not to be missed... (buy it).
on 31 May 2001
I probably listened way too much of it until almost got bored but overall this was the best album for me ever. Even better than Dark Side of the Moon (though not same genre of music). Its classy, fun, upbeat if anything. I did have to disable a number of tracks I didnt like but out of such huge selection it didnt feel like a loss. Still this brilliant album kept me awake many nights while I was building a few kewl websites - - Maybe the songs are older now but still you wont regret it - its way toooo cooool !!!!
on 27 April 2013
"The Chillout Album: The Essential Late Night Mix" is a two cd with 17 songs on the first cd and 18 songs on the second cd. Deep Dish, Moloko, Way Out West, Sneaker Pimps, Fatboy Slim, and The All Seeing I are some of the multiple artists featured on this ambient chillout collection.
on 22 April 2001
I have listened to quite a few chill out compelations, but this one remains the best. Despite being now over two years old, it simply has the best tunes in the genre. The first cd is the better of the two, though arguabely the album's best song, 'you're not alone' by Olive, is found on the second disc. The compelation contains the perfect balance of unkown and well documented songs. If you like this album, I would like to recommend the abum 'reverance' by Faithless - one of the few albums better than this compelation. Faithless's second album is also outstanding, though is surpassed by their first.
on 30 October 2015
Slightly scratched on one disc but apart from that all good thank you
on 26 May 2016
Love this. Brings back some happy memories.
on 16 November 2012
I am very disappointed with this album. It didn't meet my expectations at all. The other Ministry of Sound Chillout album I have is excellent so I was hoping for better things.
on 22 November 2014