Format: Audio CD|Change

on 2 January 2008
Now while I don't consider myself to be a 'philistine' when it comes to music, I had NEVER heard of Oscar Brown Jr before. That was until August last year, when I heard a song on Craig Charles' Funk and Soul Show (on 6 Music) which just completely captivated me - it turned out to be 'Ladiesman'.
On the strength of that song I bought this album (plus the earlier 'Sin and Soul'), and whilst I wasn't immediately taken with many of the tracks on it (probably because they weren't like 'Ladiesman'), I still gave it a few listens and I started to get into it. I am now completely smitten and throughly enjoy all 33 minutes and 16 seconds of it.
This is truly a very good/ excellent album, and one I would recommend if you like to broaden your musical horizons.

As for Oscar Brown Jr, he seems to have been somewhat forgotten for his contribution to changing the type of music black American artists recorded during the 1960's and 70's. A real shame. (although as he isn't easily 'pigeon holed', it's perhaps not all that surprising)