5.0 out of 5 stars Helter Skelter madness!
Published on 28 Dec 2009 by S. Sillars Kane

3.0 out of 5 stars Toy to suit a Boy or a Girl
Keeps my Grandchildren amused when they visit .
Needs adult to build to get best effect.
Falls apart easily when moved ,frustrating when trying to put away intact.
Published 19 months ago by Numar D Ellam

5.0 out of 5 stars Helter Skelter madness!, 28 Dec 2009
Having been to many friend's houses with boys of the same age as my son (three years old) and watching him and them playing with their marble runs for hours on end, I asked my in-laws to buy him one for Christmas. The Galt one is FAR superior to other ones available - it is more sturdy, less delicate, and has fewer additions which are meant to add to the appeal of the product but are actually too complicated and flimsy (eg. mechanical devices to move marbles from a to b).

My parents also bought my son a marble run from ELC (it stays in their house for when we visit them) and, although it is OK, it is more delicate and wobbly and too complicated to create really good runs.

I had a marble run (helter skelter) when I was a child and the Galt one is very similar (if not an updated version of it). We used to play for hours with it - it appeals to girls and boys and gives adult-free play time even to a three year old. Fab!

More marbles are required. I will be asking for the Galt Marble Run (the smaller one) as an addition to this "Super" one for his birthday - it is well worth the money and is such good fun, even for adults!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 4 Mar 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Galt Super Marble Run (Toy)
The children really enjoyed this (boys and girls) and although they didn't play with it for a long time, still kept returning to it. I think it would be better to get one with more pieces if you intend more than one child to play with it as you quickly run out of them. The set also seems to be well made.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best. Toy. Ever., 22 Jan 2009
MungoBBQ (Stockholm, Sweden) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Galt Super Marble Run (Toy)
Seriously folks, I can not tell you enough what a great toy this is. My 4-year old boy is almost in a trance when he gets to play with this set. We spend hours of quality time together, trying to figure out the fastest, tallest, most advanced marble run.

And it's so great to see my son challenge himself when he plays with this by himself. I am amazed at the constructions he can build all alone. This toy obviously teaches great concentration, construction and logic skills!

If I could give out six stars, I would, that's how great it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic toy, 19 Aug 2012
This review is from: Galt Super Marble Run (Toy)
I bought this for my step-sons (6 & 7) and it's perfect! It has the fun factor of dropping marbles into tubes and watching them roll. Plus, it makes lots of noise! If built well, you can make two separate paths for two different marbles to follow - one for each child, so they can do it at the same time.

As for educational value, it teaches them building techniques, such as weight distribution and height to width ratio. The towers have to be sturdy to stay up, so it has to be built out as well as up! Excellent value for money, although advised to buy more marbles as it only comes with 8.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enduring fun game, 27 Jan 2010
DC (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Galt Super Marble Run (Toy)
My 3 children, two girls and one boy aged between 5 and 7 still fight over this after having it for over two years.

At first the younger ones found it tricky to set up so that it worked and to balance the pieces correctly and needed adult help, but now all 3 can set it up themselves.

The set is just about big enough for 2 children to work together or apart on, but there are not really enough exciting pieces to keep 3 at a time happy if working on separate runs. Working together on it can produce squabbles but I consider it also encourages teamwork!

The set requires concentration and imagination to design the cleverest run. Two-way runs can also be made and the really fun pieces are bits like the paddle wheel. I have found this toy a really good way of calming 1 or 2 children down after play, or of occupying one bored or feeling-left-out child. They will be absorbed in it for up to an hour and there is always the fresh thrill of trying to make a more elaborate run or finding new ways to make the marbles move (ie using the force of one marble to knock another along down a gentle slope). Sometimes they stumble across a really impressive idea and call me in to see it.

In my opinion this game offers long-term, repeat interest and is similar in appeal to say, Hot Wheels loop-the-loop or Scalectrix, where the fun is in the setting up (which in this case takes time, imagination and dexterity) and the first few minutes of play.

The concept of the run is educational too, teaching force and motion in a fun way.

Durable, colourful and well made. I may even get another set to make a super-mega run!

4.0 out of 5 stars great for more complex runs, 22 Oct 2009
My 6 year old received the basic run for his birthday and it was soon commandeered by his 3 year old brother, so when his birthday came round, we put this set on his wish list. It has not disappointed and he spends many minutes (he is only 3!) playing with it. We join the 2 sets which gives even more options but this set alone has plenty of pieces. It does take an adult's eye to set up and can be a little unstable but once you have got it togetehr the runs you can create are really pretty good. There are some nice interesting pieces such as a "wiggle", a wheel and a drop through plate which add to the fun. What I hoped for was a piece with a 2 way exit to give some randomness but it doesn't come with that.

I would make 2 recommendations: 1) buy some extra marbles straight away as we lost most of ours under furntiure and in the garden within a week & 2) set it up on a hard surface as the slopes are quite subtle and the marbles can get stuck if the levels are not right (and if your child starts pressing down on it to free a stuck marble the whole thing tends to collapse!)

All in all a good set and I'm sure as he gets older he will be able to build the runs himself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything stopped for Marbles, 6 Feb 2014
J. R. Bedford (Huddersfield UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Galt Super Marble Run (Toy)
I bought this as a fairly inexpensive extra for my 3 year old grandson on Christmas morning as his wishlist consisted mostly of small items for his train set. This made a substantial sized package under the tree. What I didn't expect was his total absorbtion. Present unwrapping was completely halted for at least an hour while he played and played and played again with this (with some help from dad to show him how to set it up). It's still got pride of place amongst his toys. Excellent value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars KIds love it., 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: Galt Super Marble Run (Toy)
Bought this for my 11 year old step son, he's played with it quite a few times now so I am happy, also my 3 year old nephew comes to visit every fortnight and he always asks for 'ball run', ball run' so it a BIG hit with him too. Well made, quality item that will last for many, many years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, 1 Sep 2013
This review is from: Galt Super Marble Run (Toy)
Hours of entertainment for the kids and adults. The run is different every time you build it so you don't get bored. My 5yr old loves it

3.0 out of 5 stars Toy to suit a Boy or a Girl, 12 Jan 2013
This review is from: Galt Super Marble Run (Toy)
Keeps my Grandchildren amused when they visit .
Needs adult to build to get best effect.
Falls apart easily when moved ,frustrating when trying to put away intact.

Galt Super Marble Run