5.0 out of 5 stars Helter Skelter madness!
Published on 28 Dec. 2009 by S. Sillars Kane

3.0 out of 5 stars good but annoying
I am so glad I got this toy for my 3yr old daughter but i have to agree with other reviewers in saying that it does crumble at the slightest bit of pressure. TIP: I managed to add a slither of tape on all of the connecting pieces and thay served to make it quite a bit sturdier. Hours of fun once it was sturdy enough to actually play with.
Published on 2 Jan. 2013 by gabbie

5.0 out of 5 stars Helter Skelter madness!, 28 Dec. 2009
Having been to many friend's houses with boys of the same age as my son (three years old) and watching him and them playing with their marble runs for hours on end, I asked my in-laws to buy him one for Christmas. The Galt one is FAR superior to other ones available - it is more sturdy, less delicate, and has fewer additions which are meant to add to the appeal of the product but are actually too complicated and flimsy (eg. mechanical devices to move marbles from a to b).

My parents also bought my son a marble run from ELC (it stays in their house for when we visit them) and, although it is OK, it is more delicate and wobbly and too complicated to create really good runs.

I had a marble run (helter skelter) when I was a child and the Galt one is very similar (if not an updated version of it). We used to play for hours with it - it appeals to girls and boys and gives adult-free play time even to a three year old. Fab!

More marbles are required. I will be asking for the Galt Marble Run (the smaller one) as an addition to this "Super" one for his birthday - it is well worth the money and is such good fun, even for adults!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 4 Mar. 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Galt Super Marble Run (Toy)
The children really enjoyed this (boys and girls) and although they didn't play with it for a long time, still kept returning to it. I think it would be better to get one with more pieces if you intend more than one child to play with it as you quickly run out of them. The set also seems to be well made.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic toy, 19 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Galt Super Marble Run (Toy)
I bought this for my step-sons (6 & 7) and it's perfect! It has the fun factor of dropping marbles into tubes and watching them roll. Plus, it makes lots of noise! If built well, you can make two separate paths for two different marbles to follow - one for each child, so they can do it at the same time.

As for educational value, it teaches them building techniques, such as weight distribution and height to width ratio. The towers have to be sturdy to stay up, so it has to be built out as well as up! Excellent value for money, although advised to buy more marbles as it only comes with 8.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best. Toy. Ever., 22 Jan. 2009
MungoBBQ (Stockholm, Sweden) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Galt Super Marble Run (Toy)
Seriously folks, I can not tell you enough what a great toy this is. My 4-year old boy is almost in a trance when he gets to play with this set. We spend hours of quality time together, trying to figure out the fastest, tallest, most advanced marble run.

And it's so great to see my son challenge himself when he plays with this by himself. I am amazed at the constructions he can build all alone. This toy obviously teaches great concentration, construction and logic skills!

If I could give out six stars, I would, that's how great it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything stopped for Marbles, 6 Feb. 2014
J. R. Bedford (Huddersfield UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Galt Super Marble Run (Toy)
I bought this as a fairly inexpensive extra for my 3 year old grandson on Christmas morning as his wishlist consisted mostly of small items for his train set. This made a substantial sized package under the tree. What I didn't expect was his total absorbtion. Present unwrapping was completely halted for at least an hour while he played and played and played again with this (with some help from dad to show him how to set it up). It's still got pride of place amongst his toys. Excellent value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Physics! Beautiful, beautiful physics!, 5 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Galt Super Marble Run (Toy)
Remember the board game, ‘Mouse Trap’? Well, screw that! If you didn’t set it up according to the precise instructions on the box, aint no man diving into no bathtub!

Yet, when you buy this marble run - you call the shots! The chutes can be arranged in a million different combinations, and you can make the marble’s journey as short and peaceful or as long and hazardous as you like.

Marble Runs are a fun way to get to grips with physics and can have quite a mesmeric effect on the user. There’s nothing as therapeutic and satisfying as spending an hour constructing an elaborate skyscraper and then proudly watching your marble go on its merry way. All while filming it and putting it on YouTube (I don’t really do that, honest).

5.0 out of 5 stars My Son Won't Put it Down!, 27 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Galt Super Marble Run (Toy)
We bought this for my not quite 3 1/2 year old son for Christmas as he has a fascination for marble runs ever since he started watching random marble run videos on youtube. He also has a major interest in construction toys, so we knew this would be something he would like. What we DIDN'T know was just how much he would like it. He has literally played for HOURS, nearly ALL day, every day for the past three days since he opened this gift for Christmas. It didn't take him long to figure out how to construct the runs himself as the pieces are quite easy to put together and very durable. He is continually building, racing marbles, and then reconfiguring the run into a new one. He has also started to incorporate the runs onto the sofa or into towers made out of his building blocks. The only downside is that he is so obsessed with this toy that it is difficult to get him to sleep because he wants to keep playing and he wakes up earlier than normal because he is so excited to build some new runs.

As I mentioned, the toy is durable and easy to put together (even for our 3 year old). I've also found that there are enough pieces to make a variety of runs that keep your attention. This is a toy that is even fun for the parents to help put together, which is a big bonus! I couldn't recommend this toy enough, especially if your child enjoys building things. I can see this being a favourite toy for a long time to come! I also plan to buy additional sets as my son gets older so that he can build bigger and better marble runs! I agree with the reviewer who said they would give it 6 stars if they could! Not only is it educational, it's fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, 26 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Galt Super Marble Run (Toy)
I researched this product and compared with other cheaper versions and all reviews for the others said "brittle plastic". I don't feel that with this product.
I had a Galt marble run myself 30 odd years ago... it's still in use today by my mother for visiting kids!

Thats why i was happy to spend a bit more for this and I wasn't disappointed. My almost 4 year old girl has spent Christmas day playing with it (and so has this 40 year old!)
A few parts have evolved, new bends and twists and vortex piece have been added but fundamentally it's still the same, solid quality.

Makes you think about the run design and the kids don't care, they just enjoy the racing marbles bit.
I'd say it is a good buy

Good with standard 16mm marbles. some get slightly stuck but thats the quality of the marbles i got. quick flick gets them out.
Enough pieces to make it an interesting set
Bit fiddley to get the marbles out at the bottom but it wasn't designed for my fingers.
The marbles clatter, so don't get it if you want a quiet toy
4yr old stays focused for 20mins shifts. Adult about 1hr.

I'll update if i stand on a piece!

5.0 out of 5 stars Supercalafrajalisticexpialidocious!, 6 April 2013
This review is from: Galt Super Marble Run (Toy)
My 8 year old and 5 year old absolutely love this toy. It was ordered 2nd April and arrived 5th April. My two boys have played constantly with this toy since it arrived early yesterday. They enjoy making various towers, swapping to play with each others designs, breaking them apart and starting all over again. Mum and Dad have had fun with this toy too! It is very easy to connect the tubes/slopes etc and equally easy to separate them. Even when it is built tall and falls over, the plastic parts just bounce off the hard wood floor. What makes this an even better buy is that unlike the reviews of the other marble runs, this one can use standard size marbles. It comes with 8, but the boys have enjoyed watching their own marbles run down the chutes too. This product has been played with so much, we have decided to purchase the Mega Marble Run too. The Super Marble Run comes with 60 pieces, which is more than enough pieces for the boys to play with, but they want to make even bigger towers! The tallest tower they have built is taller than my 5 year old. So long as three or more of the feet are used, the towers are very stable. Brilliant product...definitely recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars great for more complex runs, 22 Oct. 2009
My 6 year old received the basic run for his birthday and it was soon commandeered by his 3 year old brother, so when his birthday came round, we put this set on his wish list. It has not disappointed and he spends many minutes (he is only 3!) playing with it. We join the 2 sets which gives even more options but this set alone has plenty of pieces. It does take an adult's eye to set up and can be a little unstable but once you have got it togetehr the runs you can create are really pretty good. There are some nice interesting pieces such as a "wiggle", a wheel and a drop through plate which add to the fun. What I hoped for was a piece with a 2 way exit to give some randomness but it doesn't come with that.

I would make 2 recommendations: 1) buy some extra marbles straight away as we lost most of ours under furntiure and in the garden within a week & 2) set it up on a hard surface as the slopes are quite subtle and the marbles can get stuck if the levels are not right (and if your child starts pressing down on it to free a stuck marble the whole thing tends to collapse!)

All in all a good set and I'm sure as he gets older he will be able to build the runs himself.

Galt Super Marble Run