5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful
The doughnut, as this toy is known at home, is simply fantastic. I cannot recommend it strongly enough.
Published on 1 Feb 2005 by John E. Davidson

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing!!!
Published on 14 Jan 2006 by lucybumble

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing!!!, 14 Jan 2006
This review is from: Galt Soft Play Playnest and Gym (Toy)
I purchased this gym and nest for my 3 month old daughter. She already had a 'Gymini' gym (which is wondergful by the way!), but I wanted something different for her grandma's house. What a disappointment. Initially I was impressed by the beautiful colours and good quality hanging toys, however after 3 hours spent putting up the gym itself I was very annoyed. The gym is made of plastic tubes connected by plastic connectors covered in fabric. What a nightmare!! The tubes would not stay connected and kept collapsing. When we eventually put it together, one big tug by my daughter made the whole thing collapse again!
I would tell people not to buy this, the nest is lovely, but my little girl is not keen. The gym toys are beautiful....but I have spent £35 on something unuseable........please beware!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad design, falls down, 30 May 2008
Mummyof2 (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Galt Soft Play Playnest and Gym (Toy)
I recently purchased the Galt playnest with gym and am extremely disappointed. I love the nest as it provides a soft comfortable support for my daughter, however the plastic pipes which form the framework for the gym are too rigid to create an arc and keep popping out which makes the gym collapse. My daughter (12 weeks) isn't even old enough to reach the toys so it's not as if it is recieving ANY pressure - it still collapses. I wish I'd read all the reviews before I bought and am shocked that Galt haven't rectified the problem given that clearly so many people have found the same issue. It's almost as if they designed it but never actually tried to put it together themselves.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, bad design, 27 April 2009
Mrs. Fk Clyde - See all my reviews
This review is from: Galt Soft Play Playnest and Gym (Toy)
I ordered this item after reading a few reviews. We had been looking for a baby gym/nest for my 18 week old daughter to help amuse, entertain and stimulate her whilst being comfortable.

Well - the nest itself, which has been commented on by others is very bright and comfy and easily assembled. It says you need a pump but I just blew it up myself (and I'm asthmatic!!).

But after unsuccessfully trying to assemble the archway frame for what seemed like hours, breaking three nails, jamming two fingers, bruising my thumb and shouting at my toddler for "trying to help" - I completly lost my temper and had to abandon it! It is an ENFURIATING and FRUSTRATING awkward contraption which is almost impossible to firmly lock in the arches to each other.

Even when my equally frustrated husband managed to finally do it - the joints kept popping out with the slightest movement! VERY FRUSTRATING! Having read other reviews in more detail I now realise this is a common problem - I wish GALT would also realise this.

I feel I've spent a lot of money on something that doesn't work properly and therefore something my daugher cannot enjoy fully!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 1 Feb 2005
This review is from: Galt Soft Play Playnest and Gym (Toy)
Children can start to use it pretty much as soon as they can hold their heads up - the ring provides a great deal of support, assisting the child in sitting up. It is covered with lots of different textures and colours - very intriguing for small children. I am not so convinced about the frame (designed to go above the ring) but that is not an important issue.
My son (6 months) loves it so much that we even took it holidays with us - it provided an enjoyable and safe place to sit.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Best Baby Nest, 13 Nov 2003
A John (Uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Galt Soft Play Playnest and Gym (Toy)
The title gives the review away. Baby nests are good, they help a child's sensory development, promote spatial awareness, and safely aid physical deveolpment in learning to sit up. And this one is by far the best in the market.
For Mum, it is one of the few which the cover completely envelops the inner tyre - so toddling and boisturous siblings cannot accidentally remove the cover. The cover itself is carefully thought out, with the use of different textures and patterns to encourage early eye deveopment. The gym part has toys which can be lowered or raised depending on the baby's development and reach. Sounds and textures are catered for, even a mirror, all soft and safe.
Sometimes it is worth paying a little more for better quality - this is one of those.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for babies!, 13 Nov 2003
This review is from: Galt Soft Play Playnest and Gym (Toy)
I found this toy so useful as it can be used from birth upwards. It is really bright and colourful and helps babies to practice sitting up. It is also somewhere safe where they can play. My son loves it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Love the playnest, shame about the gym bit!, 22 Mar 2006
Mrs J (Dorset, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Galt Soft Play Playnest and Gym (Toy)
I bought this for my 3 month old daughter and after 2 hours trying to put the top part together and much cussing and swearing, I had to abandon it and wait for my husband to get home. He put the thing up but it promptly collapsed when my daughter pulled on one of the toys. It folds down very small so is useful if travelling but I would recommend just buying the playnest separately. This is a great bit of kit which helps the baby learn to sit up and provides a safe place to play until they learn to crawl

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor design, 26 Feb 2008
Mr. J. Hughes (Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Galt Soft Play Playnest and Gym (Toy)
The idea of a baby nest is great and this is a reasonable one especially in relation to the base. Where it is let down is the design of the frame. It is cheap plastic that has tubes that are meant to slot into each other-8 in all. Problem is that the design is poor and they keep popping out and are a pain to get back together. Galt should look at a more sturdy design as this is a big let down and having known this I would have looked at other companies.

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish, 29 Jan 2009
This review is from: Galt Soft Play Playnest and Gym (Toy)
I saw this at a chlidminder and thought it was great. I bought it for my second child but the gym over the nest is very difficult to secure. The pieces of plastic tube just keep coming unstuck meaning the whole thing collapses unto my baby. really dissapointed by this bad construction. Better to just buy the nest without the gym or if you really want to save some money get yourself an inner car tube and put some fabric over it, job done!

3.0 out of 5 stars Play Nest is great but Gym is rubbish, 2 Jan 2009
This review is from: Galt Soft Play Playnest and Gym (Toy)
The Play Nest is great now my son is nearly 4 months old and wanting to sit up. I can pop him in the nest in the kitchen and he will play happily while I cook. It is lovely and colourful with different textures to explore. He can't kick about like he can on his Tiny Love play Gym so he can get frustrated if he is feeling more active. The gym arches are rubbish. They are plastic tubes which don't lock together at all well and fall down if you can get them all the stay up at all. The gym is very bulky and doesn't fold easily like the Tiny Love ones, you have to deflate the ring and undo all the poles (since it took me ages to errect the poles, once they were down I decided to just use the Play Nest). The toys are sweet but they are bulky for little hands and my son prefers the chimes and rattles on his other playmat.

Galt Soft Play Playnest and Gym