Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Original Packaging|Change

on 20 March 2011
I came across these octons while doing a search on amazon for some contstruction toys for my little boy...that is something he did not already have....at first he was like no way i don't want this toy, now he loves it! I took them to our church where my husband is the pastor and there was 8 of our church kids having a jolly good time building with these otons. Now I am buying several more sets as there were not enough for all to play. This is a really great construction toy. Would highly recommned to anyone looking for a creative toy for their kids.
on 25 February 2011
I bought this after reading the rave reviews and both my children (2 and 4) do seem to like it very much.

I do think, however, that the pieces are rather difficult to slot together (certainly for a 2 year old) and the instructions are difficult to follow. My 4 year old daughter seems very happy slotting them together and making necklaces, flowers etc.. but at the moment has no real idea how to follow the instructions - and neither do I!! but she loves it and I think it is good for her imagination and spatial skills. She caught on very quickly. My son (2) gets excited when he sees it and calls the pieces 'trampoline'and can slot a few pieces together. He likes the different colours and would probably be interested in stacking and sorting games - except he wants to be like his sister.

The pieces are brightly coloured and sturdy - pretty durable - which is good considering they are likely to get thrown about.

I think it is something that you can continue to get pleasure out of for a few years - I think the 3-10 age guide is valid.
on 26 August 2011
This is an ideal first constructional toy for young children. It is so simple to understand and put together that children can use their imagination to create whatever they want. It's simpler and less restrictive than other construction kits. My grandsons (3 and 18 months) love it and play with it whenever they visit. We had an old one from the 70s which eventually began to break. The new version is made of a more durable plastic and should last for several generations. Every family should have this toy!
on 18 November 2010
another great toy by Galt, got these for a b day present for my little girl she loves them will sit for ages trying to make different thing fun for boys & girls good price have brought simmerla product from the galt rang and they r all very good,
on 8 January 2016
These have not been as popular with my children as I expected, not as much scope for the imagination as other construction products
on 6 May 2014
We visited the Design Museum in London (well worth a trip) and the one thing that stood out for our 16 month and 6 years old children was a similar toy. However hat stood out about it was the extortionate cost - nearly £20.

We found this very similar set, from a great manufacturer and bought and received it quickly. Our children have since played with it for a good while and always with joy and involvement.

Thus I would thoroughly recommend.
on 10 March 2016
Not a huge hit, with 3 and 5 year olds, they find them a bit stiff and difficult to do. Maybe when they are a bit older.
on 20 March 2012
As a childminder I am always looking for good all round educational and fun toys. I read the reviews and ordered - I had looked at lots more construction toys but went for this one and I have not been disappointed. My tiny little ones love putting them into containers then emptying them. They are safe, tactile and lovely colours. The older children can construct with them. I ordered two boxes so there are plenty to go around. Great fun!
on 12 August 2013
It is a very bright and colourful toy with no sharp edges, hence perfect for toddlers. You can make various shapes using the discs - we made a bee, some flowers, a crown, a car and even a dog.. I am sure over the weeks we will make a few more shapes:-) I think it is a perfect toy for building your child's imagination. Even the price we paid was good.. Overall I am very pleased with my purchase and would definitely recommend it to anyone.
on 10 October 2015
I bought these for my nephew's 5th birthday and it's safe to say he loved them. I bought these after remembering all the fun we used to have as children creating things with these and they definitely haven't lost their appeal.

The kids loved the bright colours and slotting the pieces together to try and make new creations. I would also recommend buying a couple of boxes as once you start building you definitely need them.