5.0 out of 5 stars A BLAST FROM THE PAST
Octons were a firm favourite with my 40+ year old twins-----now my 5 yr old grandson LOVES them. The colours are better than they used to be and the octons stimulate the imagination and problem solving skills----I would rate them as a "MUST" if you are looking for educational/ construction toys. My only criticism is the unclear,black and white photocopy-style...
Published on 31 Oct 2010 by Ms Jean M. Leslie

3.0 out of 5 stars Haven't been played with much
It's always hard to review things like this where you can't tell if the toy just isn't fun or if your child just hasn't grown into it yet, but my three year old (only just turned three though) finds these quite tough to put together. He can put them together, but they often fall apart and are frustrating. I must admit that I find myself that they take a little bit of...
Published 11 months ago by Juliette

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 8 Jan 2013
This review is from: Galt First Octons (Toy)
loved these i could remember having them at school and neice of 2 years loves them aswell good .quality product

4.0 out of 5 stars Another good product from Galt, 6 Jan 2013
This review is from: Galt First Octons (Toy)
I bought lots of Galt toys when my own children were small as they rarely disappoint. The quality is consistently good, First Octons included. The disks are sturdy and bright and, I would imagine, will last for a very long time. A further set would enable bigger structures to be made and I will probably buy another box if the Octons prove popular. The skill of slipping the disks into one another is a little different from other building blocks. Our 2 and a half year old granddaughter still finds it tricky but she loves us to build for her and is keen to try for herself. Also the disks are fun for lining up, counting and colour sorting!

5.0 out of 5 stars octons, 18 Nov 2010
This review is from: Galt First Octons (Toy)
another great toy by Galt, got these for a b day present for my little girl she loves them will sit for ages trying to make different thing fun for boys & girls good price have brought simmerla product from the galt rang and they r all very good,

4.0 out of 5 stars Its good fun., 12 Aug 2010
This review is from: Galt First Octons (Toy)
Its a good hand eye co-ordination toy, attracting the little ones with its vibrant colours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for 3 1/2 year old., 16 July 2014
This review is from: Galt First Octons (Toy)
My daughter had these aged 3 1/2. I thought she might be too young for them but in fact she was able to build with them staright away. Now, aged just 4, she makes flowers, cranes, garages...and has asked for a second set so she can make more complicated structures. Her 2 1/2 year old sister can push a couple together and it keeps her busy trying this. Great product.

4.0 out of 5 stars A hit with my children, 25 Feb 2011
This review is from: Galt First Octons (Toy)
I bought this after reading the rave reviews and both my children (2 and 4) do seem to like it very much.

I do think, however, that the pieces are rather difficult to slot together (certainly for a 2 year old) and the instructions are difficult to follow. My 4 year old daughter seems very happy slotting them together and making necklaces, flowers etc.. but at the moment has no real idea how to follow the instructions - and neither do I!! but she loves it and I think it is good for her imagination and spatial skills. She caught on very quickly. My son (2) gets excited when he sees it and calls the pieces 'trampoline'and can slot a few pieces together. He likes the different colours and would probably be interested in stacking and sorting games - except he wants to be like his sister.

The pieces are brightly coloured and sturdy - pretty durable - which is good considering they are likely to get thrown about.

I think it is something that you can continue to get pleasure out of for a few years - I think the 3-10 age guide is valid.

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD FUN TOY, 24 Nov 2010
This review is from: Galt First Octons (Toy)
My son loves building with these though this is an additional box as you are limited in what you can do with the content of just one box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 July 2014
J. FEASEY (U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Galt First Octons (Toy)
Good old fashioned toy that children still enjoy. Gives younger children a sese of acheivement. Encourages the emagination too..

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little purchase, 27 May 2014
This review is from: Galt First Octons (Toy)
Bought two boxes to compliment existing ones that we already have at Pre-school.
Great for colour recognition and construction.
No reason that these shouldn't last many years too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for all, 12 May 2014
This review is from: Galt First Octons (Toy)
I bought these for my son (3 years) and he enjoys playing with them. We also use them for other activities e.g. shape, colour & counting activites. I too enjoy making different things from them. The octons are made from neon coloured plastic and are of high quality - as you would expect from Galt toys. I recommend these.

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›