5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for children, 21 Oct 2006
L. W. Sandberg (Denmark) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shape By Shape Creative Pattern Puzzle (Toy)
I can only recommend this "single player" game. It is entertaining and it lasts for hours of fun during vacations etc. for my kids. I guess children should be 8-> years old. Check out the other tiling games from Thinkfun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected, 10 Jan 2008
E. Kahn (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shape By Shape Creative Pattern Puzzle (Toy)
I bought this for my children, expecting it would appeal to the eight year old. I was pleasantly surprised to find all ages enjoyed it. The older ones (up to 16) completed all the puzzles, and the four year old loved putting them together with the help of the image. All in all a great buy, many hours of quiet fun. Highly recommended for the type of child who enjoys puzzles and books.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!, 8 April 2011
This review is from: Shape By Shape Creative Pattern Puzzle (Toy)
Fantastic product! Our 7 year old Son was not concentrating at school. He started seeing a Senco on a 1:1 basis twice a week. He found reading "boring" writing "boring" in fact most things, save the computer and his PSP ... BORING! We decided to ban the computer, it just stopped working one night..... The plug being switched OFF may have had something to do with it? Anyway, BEFORE I unplugged it I went on Amazon and found this game and some others, bought them and waited.... What a difference! He LOVES them, he takes them to school on a Wednesday and a Friday to "challenge" his Teacher, AND they're compact enough to take with us to restaurants to occupy him (and his older Brother & Sister!) The computer started working again BUT only at certain times... Electricity is a wonderful thing, especially when you can turn it OFF and get back to playing games! x

5.0 out of 5 stars a great puzzle for all ages, 3 Aug 2010
This review is from: Shape By Shape Creative Pattern Puzzle (Toy)
I bought this pattern puzzle for my 11 year old son, he is very cleaver at maths and loves shape challenges, I was worried at first he would find it too easy but he has enjoyed the puzzle and found plenty of them challenging, he has done all the shapes already but is quite happy to start over again, it is harder than it looks to do and keeps him quiet for ages. Definatly worth the money and it also comes with a bag so he can take it anywhere with him.

5.0 out of 5 stars fun for all the family, 2 April 2013
This review is from: Shape By Shape Creative Pattern Puzzle (Toy)
as a family we all enjoyed this taking turns and choosing different shapes to do at random. lovely way to spend a cold evening

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps my 3yo super-busy!!, 6 May 2011
This review is from: Shape By Shape Creative Pattern Puzzle (Toy)
I bought this for myself for those lazy times, and was surprised when my 3yo showed interest. I let her play after a few brief sessions of help, and am amazed at how well she is able to solve it. No its not easy at all and we've not really gone more than 5 cards (LOL) and its quite challenging!!

The material is very good and now I'm looking to buy more related toys/puzzles from the same brand/seller. It has a lovely concealed compartment with many challenge cards (with answers at the back), and a neat bag to store the game.

Highly Recommended for anyone who wants to exercise their brains and of course to keep toddlers bz too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas present for Dad who has Alzheimer's., 8 Jan 2011
This review is from: Shape By Shape Creative Pattern Puzzle (Toy)
When Dad isn't actively occupied, he needs almost constant attention.
Mum tells me that this game was a great present for him, and has given hours of enjoyment.
It keeps him absorbed for significant periods of time, rearranging the pieces into different designs of his own creation, outside of the box.
The puzzle cards are a second activity.
He likes looking through them, even though he doesn't try to copy the shapes.
It has been a helpful activity for Mum too, as it stops Dad from becoming restless, eg when waiting for food in a cafe, or when she needs to get things done at home.
She's even had a go at the puzzles herself!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 4 July 2014
TOOK A LONG TIME ARRIVING AND WAS HARDER THAN I EXPECTED

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves this, 15 Jun 2014
This review is from: Shape By Shape Creative Pattern Puzzle (Toy)
My son got into tangrams after a visit to Enginuity, this puzzle has 50 different combinations, it's own little carry pouch do you can take it with you as a travel game, camping trips etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good brain recharger, 24 May 2014
This review is from: Shape By Shape Creative Pattern Puzzle (Toy)
I use these in my adult classes to give the students a break from learning. It helps them refocus when we return to the subject. The puzzle suits all ages and abilities.

Shape By Shape Creative Pattern Puzzle