5.0 out of 5 stars whoaa!!!!
this is blink 182s fourth studio recorded album, this is a great album but very different to blinks previous albums. This album brought a whole new ere of music to blink fans. Assisted with a new drummer blink have moved away from that punk sound and have edged to a more pop sound and went more commercial. Saying that this album has got some of blinks best songs entering...
Published on 10 Sep 2004 by Mr. Lg Iles

3.0 out of 5 stars equally fantastic and awful
If you're after an album that features some of the most catchy tunes ever written, yet equally the most meaningless and awful lyrics ever to be devised, this is definately perfection. You will find yourself totally absorbed with the 'jump around' nature of the songs so long as you can ignore the words. A brilliant, yet somehow at the same time awaful album.
Published on 1 Mar 2001 by beef@child87.freeserve.co.uk

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The most satisfying thing I ever bought!, 23 Nov 2000
Sammie hearnshaw (Yateley, Hampshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Enema Of The State (Audio CD)
This album is highly recommended. It's the most wonderful thing I ever bought. IT combines the rock of 'Green-Day' with the lyrics of 'The Offspring' with it's own originality woven it. It's something to put on when you need to jump around, get angry, feel sad & laugh. It's great. I can listen to it day in and day out. I'll never get tired of it! Buy it. It's the best thing on the planet!

5.0 out of 5 stars You may blink.. but you don't want to miss this!, 28 July 2002
This review is from: Enema Of The State (Audio CD)
The first song I heard from this album was "All the small things" while I was working on a farm one Easter. It was on the radio every day but I didn't know the artist - I swore to find out! A few years later my mate lent me Enema of the State and I realised not only had I found the group I was looking for but I'd also found one of the best albums I'd ever heard. I can't listen to this album without smiling, the lyrics are clever yet funny, the music is bouncy yet not commercial, the whole album is simply addictive. Modern punk? Party music? Feelgood? Bouncy metal? Unclassifiably brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Compulsive Listening, 6 July 2001
This review is from: Enema Of The State (Audio CD)
I couldn't live without this CD now! It ought to be really trashy but its just got so much energy that I can't listen to it without having to stop what I'm doing to jump around, and it makes me laugh too. Adam's song is excellent too and the lyrics are worth listening to. This CD once through is better than a bottle of prozac!

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving On or Selling Out?, 6 Oct 2001
This review is from: Enema Of The State (Audio CD)
The most emotional record from Blink. Its riddled with the usual silly childish humour but there are deeper things going on.
Romance is a major theme with gorgeous tracks such as 'Going Away To College' and 'Wendy Clear'.
But the most moving moment of Blink's history is 'Adam's Song'. Mark Hoppus soars through the vocals and the guitar phrase that fills in gaps between the verses and the chorus is so simple yet devastating. It adds to the records emotional feel.
Yet some tracks, notably 'Mutt' don't fail those who appreciate Blink being stoopid. It's an ode to a friend who has a girlfriend and all these guys do is have sex. Its the albums weakest track, but that didnt deter the makers of 'American Pie' from sticking it on the soundtrack.
This si the first album made with Travis Barker on drums, and it is easily noticable how much more variety and range he has when compared to previous drummer Scott Raynor. He was the weak link on otherwise wonderful albums 'Cheshire Cat' and 'Dude Ranch'
'All The Small Things' gives the impression that Blink have sold out, especially with the video which was a mistake. But Blink have simply moved on and become more accomplished.
Sell-outs? No way.

5.0 out of 5 stars What can I say, a life affirming aldum., 13 Oct 2000
This review is from: Enema Of The State (Audio CD)
I am a fairly new Blink fan, getting into them after hearing all the small things, on of my all time fave tunes. This album is so true to life in places it is scary. The song Going away to college for example is one song that I can painfuly relate to because of a certain girl that was in my life, if anything this album is one of those that leaves a lasting impresion on whoever hears it. It taught me not to take so many things as seriously as i do, which alot of people need to take note of.
Without a doubt one of the most powerful songs on the album is Adams Song, an amazing piece of music to say the least, I would welcome E-mails from anyone who feels as strong as I do about their music, as I love sharing my opinions with fellow fans. As for the band, all I can say is Thanks, and I hope to see you on tour in my part of the world soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Welcome new Blink 182 and Goodbye old Blink 182., 24 Feb 2010
J. Arthur "Axl" (U.k) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Enema Of The State (Audio CD)
This is viewed as Blink's best album by many people which i do understand and it is a totally cool album.And the songs are killer they are very good and to have some many classics on one album could be seen as their best which is really understandable and Blink do not fail to deliver catchy riffs and lyrics which get stuck in your head. But you got to look in different angles at this album and actually think about it before typing up and review you have to really point out the pros and cons.The missing thing is that it is not middle- 90's Blink and less punk and mainstream like Buddha, Cheshire Cat or Dude Ranch. But i have to say "All Small Things" ruined it.And that's why i gave it a 4 star. Standout tracks.

Dumpweed
Don't Leave Me
What's My Age Again
Adam Song
All The Small Things
Party Song

4.0 out of 5 stars Three rockin' lads, one rockin' album!, 8 Jun 2000
This review is from: Enema Of The State (Audio CD)
Blink 182 seem to have got caught up in the mass of bands that break through with one excellent track, and then fade out again. But, this isn't the case, with the uncoming release of their second single "What's My Age Again?", they are staying firmly put in the British music scene. "Enema of the State" is an excellent album, and although not that welknown for its content, is bound to surprise. Although most tracks have a simialr feel to them, it is just the bands style which comes across the most. This is truly a great album, you just have to tack the plunge and buy it, don't be scared of things that you don't know about, "Enema of the State" proves this.

5.0 out of 5 stars this album rocks, 14 April 2001
This review is from: Enema Of The State (Audio CD)
After hearing the two songs released in the u.k, i wasn't to impressed. I brought the album because of the adam song which i heard at school, this song shows that the humourous trio can also be serious. Unlike alot of albums were u have a few good songs, this album is packed full of funny lyrics (wheres my age again?) and utterly amazing guitar riffs. I can't play this album without listening to it all the way through, in the first few weeks of owning it a friend asked to borrow it, i had to surgically remove it from my cd player its that dam gud. I advice u to buy the enema strikes back if u enjoyed this album, that shows tom,mark and travis are not just performers but also entertainers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 7 Aug 2001
This review is from: Enema Of The State (Audio CD)
Enema of the state is definately Blink 182's best album. Every track on the album has a sense of quality about it, especially the highlight tracks of the album, What's my age again? and All the small things. The definitely deserve the recognition they recieve with the award for best new act at the 2000 MTV music awards. This album shows that Blink 182 should hold much more weight in the musical world than bands such as the Offspring, with their dragging fingernails down a chalkboard grindingly awful lead vocalist, Dexter Holland. If you are a fan of rock you should purchase this album, in fact, if you are a fan of music then this album should definitely be in you're collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like these GUYS alot, 2 Nov 2000
whitey@cmwhite.fsnet.co.uk (Aint In The World I am in Space On the MOON) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Enema Of The State (Audio CD)
Well believe it or not but blink 182 have been knocking around the punk rock scene since 1993 with albums out such as buddah,Cheshire cat and dude ranch but enema of the state has to be there most populaur. Although they have strayed slightly away from real punk and closer to what some people in California call neo punk or skate punk they are still there. This CD is a great CD with plenty of entertaining tracks these guys have worked hard to get where they are and they have just started to get noticed here in england on a large scale espeacially as the punk scene isn't as big as it was but it is definitly coming back. Blink 182's new album comes out on November 7th in stores.

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›

Enema Of The State
Enema Of The State by Blink 182 (Audio CD - 1999)