Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Audio CDChange
Price:£4.95+ £1.26 shipping

on 15 June 2011
Being someone who actually lived through the '60's as a teenager, and who therefore consumed all of the vastly different types of music available - everything from Cliff Richard to the Mothers of Invention, from Herman's Hermits to the Rolling Stones, from the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band to Engelbert Humperdinck..... I have some nice memories which are attached to certain records of the day.

One of these has always been Astrud Gilberto's chart-hitting 'Girl from Ipanema' and I have tried in vain many times to buy a copy. When I saw this CD on the Amazon listing I ordered straight away and couldn't wait to hear, once again, that haunting tune....

I can't describe my horror when it played - this is NOT the original version and it is NOT as good, by any stretch of the imagination. I only bought the CD for the one track, so this was a complete waste of time and money.

Maggie, Northampton
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 September 2010
Bought CD for "The Girl From Ipanema" which is good. The rest of the cd is mostly unknown to me but make good background music.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 June 2009
Not the cd I wanted, but not the sellers fault, service and delivery were excellent.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse