Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£12.95+ £1.26 shipping

on 29 September 2002
Of all the "hip" CDs out there, I would suggest this be the first CD hip fans should buy. It has some of the most popular songs on it, such as everone's all time favorite "At the hundredth meridian", and a couple of my favorites like Fifty-mission cap and Wheat Kings. If you've never listened to The Tragically Hip, I'm not sure how to describe them, but they are one of Canada's best kept secrets, it's rare to find someone in Canada that wouldn't jump at the chance to go to one of their concerts. I'd have to say they have a good traditional rock sound, they are quite non-abrasive, and I think if you were to play this CD at a party, you'd have people coming up to you all night asking about the cool music you're playing.
on 8 February 2001
As a Canadian I can say - This is one of their best albums...the People in the UK- England are really missing out on this group...odd they never even makes the playlists at the radio stations. Check out their other albums including Road Apples etc. I have just ordered the new one Music @ Work...(also if you want great Canadian Band Music check out Barney Bental and the Legendary Hearts.)
on 7 July 2010
This is easily in my Top 10 all-time best albums. It is one of those rare albums which is good from beginning to end with no filler or duff tracks to spoil it. The only question is whether they can ever surpass it. I bought this on promotion and it still amazes me just how good it is. I confess I bought Day For Night and it was a complete let-down so didn't bother after that but I haven't heard any of their more recent stuff. However, this should be in everyone's collection.
on 12 January 2015
A great album reissued and sounding crisply better, plus two extra tracks and a decent live album. What's not to like?
on 7 February 2015
Great album well worth it if you not heard of them go onto there web site worth a look and a listen
on 30 March 2012
"The Hip" played at our student union in my first year of university and blew the place away. A good live act is always a great endorsement for a band...and they were incredible.
As another reviewer here said, it's easily one of my favourite albums in my collection, getting regular play almost 20 years since I bought it. There's truly not a bad track on here, they're all full of depth, thought-inspiring lyrics, great melodies, riddled with emotion. It's distinctive, they have a style of their own. A must buy.
on 5 April 2014
Bought this on the suggestion of a couple of pro musician friends - and after listening to some samples on Allmusic.com.
That hardly prepared me for what I experienced once the CD was playing on a good hifi system - Wow!
Powerful, musical vocals with superb musicianship combined into full-flight performances - all to make the best of the great songwriting.
on 30 January 2012
Loved this band from the moment I heard them. Figured I should reward them by buying some of their albums. Not as good as up to here but still worth a listen.
on 13 November 2014
Nothing really new and much the same as all the others.
on 3 February 2015
Fantastic LP well worth a listen!