5.0 out of 5 stars A Bargain
The reviews here seem less than charitable given the price. You can go to a record shop but you will pay double in HMV. However, I agree that the Amazon track listing information is rather sparse, so here is what you get for your fiver:
CD1
Vivaldi- Concerto for Lute and Streings
Francis Cutting - Packington's Pound & Greensleeves.
John Dowland -...
Published on 9 May 2010 by K. Lewis

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy listening
A good CD for those that just want some background music to listen to. He is however very good at his craft.
Published 14 months ago by A. S. Murray

5.0 out of 5 stars Bream At His Best, 5 Jun 2010
P. C. Hawley (South Gloucestershire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Ultimate Guitar Collection (Audio CD)
A wonderful mix of English Folk, Spanish & Classical pieces from undoubtedly one of the best guitarists of his generation.

3.0 out of 5 stars Still getting into this, 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Ultimate Guitar Collection (Audio CD)
I cant give a formed opinion yet as I'm still getting into it. Probably be a favourable review though as the initial impression has been good.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Music - fantastic, can't transfer to mp3 though, 29 Feb 2012
This review is from: The Ultimate Guitar Collection (Audio CD)
This is not a review of Julian Bream's music, others better qualified than I have already left their comments here.

The production of the embedded data on disc two is flawed. I ripped the discs using Windows Media on Windows 7 to my PC so that I could listen/copy the contents to an mp3 player. Disc 1 was fine, but disc 2 overwrote the first 14 tracks of disc one and removed the information from tracks 14-18.

I tried various ways of editing the information and finally succeeded in ripping both cds intact. Unfortunately, because I overwrote some of the information (like changing the number of the cd)... I experienced errors when trying to copy the files to my mp3 player.

So, many hours of tinkering & trying later, my conclusion is that I can only listen to disc 2 by shoving it into a cd player.

Hence the 3 stars

3.0 out of 5 stars Not inspiring., 15 Feb 2011
This review is from: The Ultimate Guitar Collection (Audio CD)
Given Julian's reputation I expected more 'emotion' from the tracks. Yes he is very skilled, and yes the CD is okay, but NOT as I had hoped I'm afraid.

1.0 out of 5 stars Mean Amazon; why no track names?, 19 Jun 2009
This review is from: The Ultimate Guitar Collection (Audio CD)
Why can't we know what tracks are on the albums? Give me a record shop anyday, Amazon just want to focus on their big offers on postage and delivery dates, gift tags, what other consumers bought etc. I just want to know what the track names are on the CD before I buy it especially on a compilation album, I am (was) going yo buy some music -why should I want a full size blow up of the album cover? GOODBYE.

ARRAY(0xb142e084)

The Ultimate Guitar Collection
The Ultimate Guitar Collection by Julian Bream (Audio CD - 2001)