5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Masterpiece To Embrace!, 9 Aug. 2009
This review is from: Have You Ever (Audio CD)
This single is a masterpiece of Brandy's true talent displaying class, elegance, and vocal delivery like never ever seen by the majority of R&B artists. From the cover in the artwork, to the inner contents, the music conveys warmth, emotional magnitude touching the hardest of hearts, and beautiful positive vibes. Aside the music, what makes this single stand the test of time is Brandy's delivery of vocals displaying "feeling the words" and soothing soulful soft singing definitely touching and inspiring.

The first song, "Have You Ever?" (Radio Edit) [4:10] is a classic from Brandy's album and The Best of Brandy. It is a ballad that embraces love for it's strength to make a person to loose their ability to sleep, not get the person out of your mind, and wish for that special day that person will come back. It's about doing anything for that special someone, and giving your heart completely. The vocals are sung as if Brandy is actually experiencing it firsthand and sharing it. When I see this video on Brandy - The Videos I will occasionally shed a tear. It touches the soul in places never imagined.

"Happy" [4:06] is a mid-tempo track from Brandy's album Never Say Never. It's a positive song about finding a love that's complete, true and happy. Some lyrics, "... When I first met you I never thought your love was true but I'm glad I saw just what was in store/All the while you plan to be my man/Now I am in love with you... You make me happy/You make me feel so good..."

The LP Version of "Have You Ever" [4:31] is a bit longer than the first thus emphasizing and spotlighting the messages, singing and romance to a nicer effect. Once again, the themes of love being embraced passionately for someone unattainable. The elegance, beautiful vocals, and depth of emotion is not quite like any artists but comparable to Whitney Houston or Mariah Carey. The part that touches me totally is when she sings, "Have you ever found the one you've dreamed of all your life you'd do anything to look into their eyes/Have you finally found the one you've given your heart to only to find that one won't give their heart to you/Have you ever closed your eyes and dreamed that they were there/And all you can do is wait for the day when they will care..."

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful, 18 April 2013
This review is from: Have You Ever (Audio CD)
Keep watching a film and in the film comes this soundtrack. Never thought before to watch the credits and see who was singing it but finally the brain kicked in and I did . I sent for a used C.D as I use the used books at Amazon and have been very happy with the quality and service I have received. Again the service,the promptness of delivery,the quality of the item and not forgetting the price are absolutely amazing. Would certainly buy from the seller again

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Have You Ever (Audio CD)
Brandy at her best. I am a big fan of her work and this ballard simply takes my breath away.

Have You Ever
Have You Ever by Brandy (Audio CD - 1998)