Format: Audio CD|Change

on 25 April 2001
Being a massive fan of everything Faith No More I bought this the moment it hit the shelves. The album is a monster, following the life of perhaps one of the most versatile (and volatile) bands we are ever likely to see and shows FNM's refusal to be placed into any single genre container. From the hoarse screamings of 'Digging The Grave' to a rendition of 'Easy' that even impressed Lionel Richie with its elegance, this album grabs you from the start and refuses to let you go until it's over.
Anyone with a few quid to spare and want to know what they were about should go for this one (and then buy all the rest).
on 3 October 2000
The last CD to be released by Faith No More ultimately had to be their Best Of (well Greatest Hits actually) but it is a truly great album. They had great metal-type riffs but also had appeal to the Pop side of things. Mike Patton's ever changing voice was on top form on tracks like Epic and Stripsearch. Their great mix of pop and metal was quite refreshing and very listenable. The best track (for me) had to be Epic with its heavy bassline imposing keyboards and great guitar riff with Patton changing his vocal sound halfway through the chorus. On paper you wouldn't recognise most of the songs but when you hear them you think you have heard them before.
All in all it is a superb album (with a few glaring omissions) which is on constant rotation on my CD player.
on 10 March 2000
this is a good cd as it has all the singles, well, most of them. missing are suprise!you`re dead and everythings ruined, not quite sure why ?
there could have been so much more to this CD. a few good live recordings (we care a lot, crab song etc), a few b-sides (the grade etc), but there isn`t. the extra tracks are not that great either. the booklet inside could have been improved with a full discography and more pictures.
so buy this for all the great singles but if you really want the best of faith no more buy the albums
on 3 October 2011
Faith No More is in my top 5 great bands of all time so obviously I'm giving this Best Of 5 stars, because they are and this CD is simply fantastic. I love the fact this best of includes 'I Started a Joke', 'Easy' and 'This Guys in Love With You'(as great covers)as well as a good collection of hits, but am upset about some omissions such as my favourite Faith No More song, 'Everythings Ruined',from Angel Dust, which was on an earlier Best Of. Plus I'd of liked 'Annes Song' from Introduce Yourself included. Both these tracks were on a singles video collection I had in the mid 90's and had fun video's. It would also have been cool if this Best Of had included 'Perfect Crime' from The Bill and Teds Bogus Journey Soundtrack as well as this is another excellent track.
I'd recommend this albulm but I'd recommend even more that you go out and buy all the Faith No More albulms('Introduce Yourself, The Real Thing, Live at Brixton, Angel Dust,King for a Day, Albulm of the Year').
on 5 October 2015
Lost this ages ago great to listen to again
on 20 September 2014
Many Thanks
on 1 April 2014
I'm a 57 year old man so shouldn't admit it but as soon as I here we care a lot I'm head banging with the rest, what a great band don't care Who is singing on what track , the whole hits album is a must at these prices .