5.0 out of 5 stars A pretty universal tonic to raise the spirits
Published on 16 Nov 1999 by D. Walton

3.0 out of 5 stars okay...
brought on the strength of ' I'm not so tough', for me the rest of the CD doesn't quite match that track but if you like country Ilse has a good country sound and it's easy listening
Published 12 months ago by sinbad4england

5.0 out of 5 stars A pretty universal tonic to raise the spirits, 16 Nov 1999
D. Walton (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: World Of Hurt (Audio CD)
A good friend of mine is very much a fan of country music, so I am fortuneate, not being of very similar leanings to listen to snippets of the latest releases, and add anything that I like to my own collection of music. Ilse Delange is a truly inspirational artist who has a gift of delivering all her tremendous energy through her music, she is an excellent performer as well which I noted having seen her live in London supporting the Dixie Chicks. A slight woman with a powerful voice that conveys a massive range of emotions unlike traditional country, with a thoroughly positive air. This kind of album will only serve to create a new breed of country fan who previously might have avoided this area of music.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a voice - what songs, 31 Oct 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: World Of Hurt (Audio CD)
I'm not usually a fan of country but in a visit to the Netherlands, I was lucky to hear her songs on local radio.
She sings with conviction and sounds like she's having a whale of a time. Whenever I'm down I put on her CD and enjoy good memories of Brabant and the friendly people of the Netherlands.
If you can't *go* there, then listen to Ilse and enjoy the Dutch warm friendliness another way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 24 Oct 2013
kenn4eva "Nicoley" (Croydon, England UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: World Of Hurt (Audio CD)
Fresh, different music, in a genre that hasn't surprised me for some time. Her voice will blow you away, and if that doesn't happen then her lyrics should hit you in the heart.

3.0 out of 5 stars okay..., 27 Dec 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Sep 2014
M. Sellick (uk) - See all my reviews
Outstanding voice,.

World Of Hurt
World Of Hurt by Ilse DeLange (Audio CD - 1999)