5.0 out of 5 stars A budget price collection of classics
Published on 8 Feb. 2002 by Jason Parkes

3.0 out of 5 stars nice oldies
the quality of sound is disappointed to me but I bought it for my old aunt and hopes she enjoys while remembering good times in her youth. If I bought it for me I probably would not return but certainly would not play often if at all. But there are some nice old song on it.
Published 19 months ago by Maggie

5.0 out of 5 stars A budget price collection of classics, 8 Feb. 2002
Jason Parkes (Worcester, UK) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Prime of Horace Andy: 20 Classic Cuts from the 70s (Audio CD)
Having heard the seminal 'Skylarking' and Andy's brilliant take on Bill Withers 'Ain't No Sunshine' (not forgetting his contribution to the Massive Attack albums) I got this 20-track collection...It's a blinding collection of chilled out lover's dub (?)- if you'd like to let some light into your life, I heartily reccomend this compilation. As life-affirming as Bonnie Prince Billy's 'I See a Darkness' is death-affirming. In the perfect universe one would listen to both...Horace Andy is a fantastic vocalist who (still!) deserves a wider audience- even after singing on those classic Massive tunes (excepting 'Light My Fire', which sucks). The soulful dub presented on this cd is a must-have- click on the box- you won't regret it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Horace Andy compilation, 3 Feb. 2004
Mr. S. Daffern (UK) - See all my reviews
If you are deciding whether to first buy this or the "Skylarking" compilation, buy this first. There are only two tracks that overlap:"Skylarking" & "Money, Money", which are both superb, "Skylarking" being Andy's most crucial track, a peak example both of his songwriting powers and of his heavenly falsetto vocals. "Skylarking" does widen the scope by including a couple of examples from Andy's collaborations with Massive Attack but the reason I recommend this compilation is the pure value for money: you get 20 superb tracks (62 mins)as opposed to 14 tracks (48 mins). "Better still, buy both!

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic smooth reggae, 22 Mar. 2001
By A Customer
I was first introduced to Horace Andy's music through hearing him perform with Massive Attack, and was blown away. Im not a huge fan of reggae music, but Horaces' style is too good. The songs are simple but well written, and his voice is very relaxing, almost feminine sounding in some tracks. If you like reggae music or just great tunes with great vibes, i would reccomend a look at this album. Perfect for driving around in the car and taking it easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Title says it all, 11 Jun. 2015
This is indeed the prime of Horace, There are only a couple of omissions worth a mention, his cover of ' Man Next Door ' (Paragons/John Holt) and ' Spying Glass ' which he did with Massive Attack other than that this is class and if you get it for under a tenner it's money well spent.

3.0 out of 5 stars nice oldies, 29 Nov. 2013