Format: Audio CD|Change

on 4 March 2005
Before reading this review it should be noted that I find it very difficult not to love anything that Ani does. This being said, Up up up up up up is, in my opinion, among her very best albums. The intitial track 'Tis of Thee' is lyically stunning, and the words to her songs are of the same standard throughout.
Musically the album has a funky, jamming sort of feel to it that I really enjoyed. Much of the time Ani and her band are improvising, and the results are very groovy (though at times a little surreal). The songs are well arranged and beautifully played; my particular favourites being 'Angry Anymore', 'Jukebox' and 'Tis of Thee'. If you like Ani's later work such as 'Revelling Reckoning', 'So Much Shouting So Much Laughter' and 'Evolve' then you must get this record. If you prefer her earlier work you will enjoy the rawness and energy that the album has, so buy it anyway!
on 3 August 2003
I don't really know what to say here. If you're an Ani fan, you'll *love* this. It's the beginning of her transition to more of a jazz-rock genre (as we see on Revelling/Reckoning and Evolve especially), but there's still that folk-rock air about it. I really adore this album - especially all the question-and-answer type songs, like Hat Shaped Hat. If you love Ani DiFranco as much as I do, *BUY THIS ALBUM*!!
on 18 May 2001
Having recently happened on ani difranco, i bought a couple of her cd's at the same time. up up up up up up came second best for the first couple of weeks, but slowly it grew on me. Ani Difranco's sound is definately evolving and with her phenomenal output of albums it is possible that the listener might take a time to catch up. But play it, play it again, and then slowly love it.