Format: Audio CD|Change

on 15 July 2000
I bought this album on the day of the release and it is still in my CD player to this day. This is quite possibly the finest album ever made - especially the limited edition Modern Classics with bonus Live Classics CD. The first track, Out Of The Sinking sets up the feel of the album and every track is a piece of sheer class. It is easy to see why Paul Weller is one of the most respected figures in music.
on 6 December 2015
What can I say apart from I wish I had brought this ages ago. You know when people have a soundtrack/album for a certain event in their lives - well this is mine. It's a classic album and will be a favourite for years to come.
on 30 May 2014
Bought for one pence plus postage from zoverstocks- absolute classic album and complete with the bonus live disc! Used to have it on tape when it was originally released. An absolute must for anyone getting into Paul Weller
on 9 November 2014
Brought this for my dad for his birthday as his CD he had was damaged. Could not tell you how pleased he was at the fact this one worked perfectly well! Thank you for making my dad happy that is all i can say!
on 17 July 2014
My first Paul Weller CD most of the tracks are great though there are a few I skip through, I guess I will buy more of him though next time I might just download the tracks I like, still it's a good CD.
on 15 October 2014
I was never a real fan of Paul Weller when he was at the height of his career, and only bought this on a whim. Really pleased I bought it, and am now really appreciating his music. Excellent album.
on 25 April 2012
A brilliant album, this features more of his modern collection and as an introduction to Weller, I can have no complaints. Magic recording and a piece well worth having in your collection.
on 1 July 2014
saw Paul Weller live on Saturday and really happy I bought this CD beforehand to enjoy
on the journey in car before and after gig, great album, buy it !
on 25 July 2012
Paul Weller's album tracks are better than most artists' singles but this collection of hits truly are Modern Classics - not a bum note or tune among them.
on 1 March 2007
This album shows the progression Paul Weller has made as a purely solo artist from 1992 to 1998. The tracks on it are stunning and include "Changing Man" "Out of the Sinking" "Broken Stones" "You do something to me " and many more it does not however include any of the stunning tracks which were not released as singles and therefore the collection is rather incomplete.

I would advise anyone buying this to treat it as an introduction to Paul Weller's solo work and then go on and buy his back catalogue as I am sure you will find songs on the albums which are better than some of the tracks included. I say this as a die hard Weller fan that first saw the Jam in the 1970's and still enjoys his work today.